DirectAdmin 1.62.4 has been released

How do I install the Standard theme that was replaced in the 1.62 update? I reinstalled my server and I cannot stand the new theme.

Sorry.

Nevermind I found it. For some reason it wasn't showing up on the main :2222 home, it only displayed

1625011441239.png
Then on another page it had:

1625011486510.png

We still seem to have dataskq issues running version 1.62.4. The ./build rewrite_confs command hangs, we have to cancel it with CTRL+C:

Code:
# ./build versions
Latest version of DirectAdmin: 1.62.4
Installed version of DirectAdmin: 1.62.4

Code:
# ./build rewrite_confs
Checking to ensure /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.ca is set.
^C

Code:
# ps aux |grep -i build
root     10937  0.6  0.1  32160 23920 pts/3    S+   19:43   0:00 /bin/sh ./build rewrite_confs
root     12457 79.3  0.1 855080 17040 pts/3    Sl+  19:43   1:28 /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq --custombuild

I've tried running

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin p
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build rewrite_confs

but to no avail.

We still seem to have dataskq issues running version 1.62.4. The ./build rewrite_confs command hangs, we have to cancel it with CTRL+C:

I've tried running

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build rewrite_confs

but to no avail.
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build rewrite_confs
./build update
./build apache

Seems there is a bug in MySQL Management. Downloading a database backup as GZ in Firefox results in a double encoded Gzip file.

Directadmin Error log is filled with:

2021:07:13-17:50:51: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed. When this happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal. (Thus, the write return value is seen only if the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.)
2021:07:13-17:50:51: Error while sending file. Sent 0

i supose this is a bug

./directadmin h
Usage: ./directadmin [c|s|d|v|p|i|r|o|b(#)][set name value (restart)]
c : shows the values in the config file to make sure they were read in correctly
s : prints out where the program is slowing without forking. For Debugging only.
d : run as a daemon (required for init.d scripts)
v : prints the current program version and quits
p : set file permissions
i : run the program installer
r : runs as Deamon, but saves requests to file (debugging)
o : Shows which OS this binary is compiled on, and when.
b(#) : Dumps some debug info to stdout. # is optional debug level,eg b5

set name val (restart): sets the given name=val to the directadmin.conf. Optional restart.
Example:
./directadmin set dns_ttl 1 restart

New DA version causes 2 pieces DHE-RSA ciphers to be broken. Seems older DA versions do not have that issue.

Could not found the IP address.. 1.62.4

Can not create new User, no reseller level and lost admin/ reseller
1626518902876.png
1626518920903.png

We also have errors of the form after updating in the Directadmin Error log:

2021:07:29-15:34:51: Socket write error: fd is connected to a pipe or socket whose reading end is closed. When this happens the writing process will also receive a SIG_PIPE signal. (Thus, the write return value is seen only if the program catches, blocks or ignores this signal.)
2021:07:29-15:34:51: Error while sending file. Sent 0

EDIT "SOLVED": copy paste from not complete ipv6 is not working there, you have to put every : and by hand or the complet ipv6 then this works there.

BUG in EVO not possible to ad in admin ip management ipv6 while the subnetmask field is not there after selection ipv6

1.62.4 evo

in old enhanced this works but DA error log if you let ips free.

2021:08:02-15:06:33: IP:writeBaseApache: user does not exist and wont be added to the ./data/admin/ips/.....:500 file
2021:08:02-15:06:33: getHomeDir: username is empty!:

Last edited:
BUG user reseller created but with error not showing in lists.

enhanced DA 1.62.4

Trying again that user does exist.

So with a error you don't expect that the user reseller is created, while you can't delete this one in list while not showing in list.

2021:08:02-15:06:32: The reseller admin tried to create user "examplereseller" with domain virt.domain.nl, but domain.nl belongs to someone else

That domain.nl is on that server but correct belongs to someone else so you cant create reseller with a "sub"domain where the maindomain belongs to other?!?
Didn't see such error before but still it is a BUG creating that user together tough with also error!

Error Creating User "examplereseller"

Details

Unix User created successfully

User's System Quotas set
User's data directory created successfully
Domains directory created successfully
Domains directory created successfully in user's home

User examplereseller exist error if trying new again.

BUG user reseller created but with error not showing in lists.

enhanced DA 1.62.4

Trying again that user does exist.

So with a error you don't expect that the user reseller is created, while you can't delete this one in list while not showing in list.

2021:08:02-15:06:32: The reseller admin tried to create user "examplereseller" with domain virt.domain.nl, but domain.nl belongs to someone else

That domain.nl is on that server but correct belongs to someone else so you cant create reseller with a "sub"domain where the maindomain belongs to other?!?
Didn't see such error before but still it is a BUG creating that user together tough with also error!

Error Creating User "examplereseller"

Details

Unix User created successfully

User's System Quotas set
User's data directory created successfully
Domains directory created successfully
Domains directory created successfully in user's home

User examplereseller exist error if trying new again.
How to delete those ( existing not listed in DA GUI) users on SSH the right way without breaking things?

How to delete those ( existing not listed in DA GUI) users on SSH the right way without breaking things?

This is how I do it:
Code:
Manually delete a user
-
rm -fr /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/examplereseller
mv -f /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/show_all_users.cache /root/show_all_users.cache
rm -fr /home/examplereseller
userdel examplereseller  (gets the user off from passwd, shadow, group & gshadow files)
rm -fr /var/spool/mail/examplereseller
locate examplereseller  (delete all occurrences)
\cp -a /root/show_all_users.cache /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/

---

(one liner ; just change the username)
rm -fr /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/examplereseller && mv -f /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/show_all_users.cache /root/show_all_users.cache && rm -fr /home/examplereseller && userdel examplereseller && rm -fr /var/spool/mail/examplereseller && locate examplereseller (delete all occurrences)
and finally:
\cp -a /root/show_all_users.cache /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/show_all_users.cache

Last edited:
This is called before here in forum problems with backups mysql Databases and restore in control panel itself.

The SQL restore not working a error but to short to read ( not found...)
The GZ restore hmm database untouched...

Agan then a kind of BUMP

Restore from database (upload) gz within a DA user, select database choos a user and the password and ... :(

ONLY PHP myadmin database restore is working..
Tried evo and old enhanced.

PFF the SKINSWITCH should be in every frontpanel DA... ;)

Back