Connection Error (Failed to communicate with the server) ROUNDCUBE

cabn12

Verified User
Good evening everyone, I have the following problem: 1-I have only one domain that the customer complains about the message above in the title when replying to any email received in his mailbox. This client normally sends any message if it creates in roundcube, it receives all messages without problems. When he selects a message received with or without attachments, he cannot respond because the Connection Error message appears (Failed to communicate with the server) only for his domain account, the other accounts are all ok. Note I checked the following: In dns administration appears his domain as: local date =yes local mail =no I added his domain in the /etc/virtual/domains file gone local error mail =no and changed to yes But it didn't work can anyone help.

Screenshot_2.png

domain as: local date =yes local mail =no I added his domain in the /etc/virtual/domains file gone local error mail =no and changed to yes But it didn't work can anyone help.
Please next time try to write with some alinea.

To begin with, don't try to change physical files first. Always first try via the panel.
Go the the customers account, login as the customer and then go to his MX records option.

Then check if
Use this server to handle my e-mails. If not, change the MX records and uncheck this option.
be sure this option IS checked.

Thankyou error persist

Connection Error (Failed to communicate with the server) ROUNDCUBE​

Is this only 1 domain or 1 user? If it's 1 user with his domain, let him try with a different browser.

Also a good idea to try is to create a test email account at this users domain (if he's good with that) and then see if you can reproduce the error with the test mail account.

Check logs in /var/www/html/roundcube/logs to see if that specify's additional notices when this is happening.

I have some clients with the same problem.

Connection Error (Failed to communicate with the server)!

When they reported the problem, I thought it was a connection problem (ISP)

Today I saw the problem.

The problem occurred while replying to an email with an attachment.

When clicking the "send" button, a connection error message is displayed immediately.

I looked for error logs at:

/var/www/html/roundcube/logs

And there is no error log on this error specifically

I tried setting permissions, but to no avail either.

I did a rebuild on roundcube and directadmin, but without success either.

EDIT:

Modsecurity = rule 212880

Just disable this rule in waf that will solve the problem

Attachments

• error_roundcube.png
    error_roundcube.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
I've actually had the same problem and indeed it was when an attachment was present. it did hit a different comodo waf rule here: 212740

I hope Richard G doesn't get MAD because i'm replying to a thread few months old.

But got this same error on 3 clients, on different DA Servers, and all 3 were hitting the rules:

Disabled those on their specifics accounts, while we do a research about them. that fixed the error explained on this threat.

Again, i hope Richard G doesn't get mad :)

I hope Richard G doesn't get MAD because i'm replying to a thread few months old.
I never get mad and I only respond to threads being responded to of multiple years (4+) years old mostly. ;)
I don't get mad, I get even or I will throw a 🎂 at you. :)

Back