2 errors

jayw1

Verified User
Trying my best to have a clear error_log but I can't figure out the solution to these last 2.

First error:
2020-03-09 00:11:01.638669 [ERROR] Hostname [*] on listener [myip:80] is mapped to virtual host [myip, can't map to virtual host [hostname]! 2020-03-09 00:11:01.638685 [ERROR] Hostname [*] on listener [myip:443] is mapped to virtual host [myip], can't map to virtual host [hostname]!

Second error:
2020-03-09 23:51:55.074935 [ERROR] [34.236.37.148:10076#domain.com-443:lsapi] [Module:Cache] createEntry failed.

No idea what IP that is there, sometimes it changes but it's never the server IP. Each day can be a different domain as well.

Any idea? @smtalk :)

I am getting the same error from a fresh install

# cat /var/log/httpd/error_log

2020-03-13 16:23:02.133514 [ERROR] Hostname [*] on listener [x.x.x.x:80] is mapped to virtual host [x.x.x.x], can't map to virtual host [hostname]!
2020-03-13 16:23:02.133543 [ERROR] Hostname [*] on listener [x.x.x.x:443] is mapped to virtual host [x.x.x.x], can't map to virtual host [hostname]!

This is getting quite frustrating TBH trying to get the openlitespeed going with reverse proxy same error and stuck in limbo Openlitespeed points at Directadmin and directadmin points at Openlitespeed. Directadmin should really hire a community manager or something cause as good as the product for its price range is as bad is the support.

Its not that the webgui of openlitespeed is still locked afther 2 years but the fact that if you do try to set it up your self there is not referance anywayer to some guides the errors it trows sends you chasing obscure forums eventualy leading you back here. Where frustratingly @smtalk responds seemingly missing the whole thread (I love ya dude but if you are busy don't respond ;) this is to frustrating)

This error happens more when you are using IPv6.

But I have noticed the error on IPv4, too.

My hunch is, DirectAdmin's splitting of the config files might be doing something to OLS to trigger the issue. with some help from DA I was able to take this to the OLS team and spent many months. In the end, I switched to LiteSpeed.

OLS + DA is a great combination. Wish there were fewer issues with OLS.

Trying my best to have a clear error_log but I can't figure out the solution to these last 2.

First error:
2020-03-09 00:11:01.638669 [ERROR] Hostname [*] on listener [myip:80] is mapped to virtual host [myip, can't map to virtual host [hostname]! 2020-03-09 00:11:01.638685 [ERROR] Hostname [*] on listener [myip:443] is mapped to virtual host [myip], can't map to virtual host [hostname]!

Second error:
2020-03-09 23:51:55.074935 [ERROR] [34.236.37.148:10076#domain.com-443:lsapi] [Module:Cache] createEntry failed.

No idea what IP that is there, sometimes it changes but it's never the server IP. Each day can be a different domain as well.

Any idea? @smtalk :)
Did you all find this https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/threads/cant-map-to-virtual-host.10240/

That proves open source is bad
Nah open source is good. For them OLS is a carrot.. it's like a trial. You use it like then wish you didn't have to pay but soon find out you do. Like they say follow the money...

Well, like most things, if "trials" actually work and are compatible with adjacent software, people will normally upgrade to full versions.

If it's better than Apache, then, yeah...... It's like Windows vs Linux, Apple vs Google, etc

I didn't have the issue with LiteSpeed. Only had with OLS.

As I mentioned, OLS dev team worked on the issue for months without any suitable outcome.
got any links to this issue or report ? So it boils down that reverse proxy is not working atm ?

And here we are months later issue is still there and its not that @DirectAdmin Support is not fixing it that makes it so frustrating its that they won't even acknowledge the problem or at least tell if they working on it. I now need reverse proxy so I have to deinstall openlitespeed sigh.

And here we are months later issue is still there and its not that @DirectAdmin Support is not fixing
Please point your finger the correct way. As you could read in post #18 it's an OLS bug and the OLS team is having issues fixing it.
That's not DA's task to repair a 3rd party bug.

Back