5 and more PHP versions

@k1l0b1t few days ago I moved centos 5 from OVZ to KVM, so.. outdated versions of anything sometimes still in productions. Sometimes people can't order additional server to keep all outdated there. But there not so many peolpe who needs it - that's why they not hurry to add this feature, there are more usefull features still not done, like advanced backup etc.

@erick85 as only 3 php versions actively supported - DA will not provide more than 4 :( Cloudlinux only can help.

anything here it has been 2 years

Some old versions are patched for openssl3 so why not have option to install more of them it should not be that hard to be implemented
:)

@DanielP they will not add, reasons described, CL maintains old php by themself - for DA it will cost additional human/time/money

@DanielP they will not add, reasons described, CL maintains old php by themself - for DA it will cost additional human/time/money

I mean by default old versions could not compile on "new" OS (for example ubuntu 22 can compile by default 8.1 and up because of openssl3 ) I suppose 2 years ago that was the reason they stalled with this project for more version - but now that old versions can be compiled so - for people that know what are doing I do not see why they do not enable more versions in custom build

@DanielP you can try compile now, as I know with RHEL9 was same, but now it supports 5.6+

Maybe my bad english I know I can compile now there is fix in custombuild for that but I need more version than 4 versions + I want all 3 new ones

I know how to add more versions and how to teach clients to change version to versions outside of da from .htaccess (tested it on litespeed enterprise) but think that is way more complicated (for me to install and customer to switch) than to ask DA to deliver num_php_versions = 5 or 6 or 10 working - from 5.6 to to 8.3 - for pepople that know what are doing

Last edited:
since it not design for easy increase maximum from the start project. this will very very cost time and energy of developer. So legacy codebase doesn't get this feature update. 😂

ProPack also hasnt it. One point for CL.

Yes but the fiasco we are currently we are in with 2 - ours downtime + risk to become unbootable + DA not supported for Elevate (according to the docs - not checked if they mentioned something in the change log) - will repeat itself in 5 years...

to minimize my exposure to that I want to have more servers with Debian and/or Ubuntu where i can handle apt update apt dist-upgrade in less 15 minutes + reboot to load the new kernel + da build all ... and move to next server

We operate our own proxmox setups and jump VMs to new rented hardware every 2 years I want to jump os that easy - which CL do not deliver

@DanielP fine case, I prefer use CL and each 5-6 years switch to new hardware with new OS also compact 2-3 old servers to new one.

I edited my post - now days I switch rented servers to new hardware in 2 years we run multiple Proxmox Clusters ( maybe should call it Cloud to sound modern) with ZFS storage replication (cam move VM in minutes to new hardware - after initial preparation) and Failover IPs in OVH.. I did Jumps with cPanel 1650 v3 to 3800 to 5900 (now EOLing) and with DA from Ryzen 3800 OVH / 3900 Hetzner to 5950 Hetzner / 5900 OVH and now is planned to 7950 in Hetzner and Epyc 4004 (masked 7950 as epyc for the masses) which OVH mentioned 2 weeks ago is expect to come soon ...

Only minus is in hetzner as their failover IP are attached to the server you buy them with - but I plan to resetup with their vswitch and finish with that issue too

Last edited:
Back