5 $ license ( legacy codebase)

insha

Verified User
Hello, and sorry if i opened New thread for this. I couldnt find license thread for this i wanted to write, admin can push post to It.
But i have an idea,for Legacy codebase 5 $ internal datacenter licenses.
If there would be one-time payment, or yearly for updates, to upgarde for PRO PACK features and still using 5 $ licenses.
Is this could be doable?
Then all license holders could have the same codebase, just still using old pricing + additional fee for all features like in normal licenses pack.
I would love to hear what everybody else thinks about this?

They don't want people to pay once or a low amount, they only want users who use their new license model.

There is no middle way now, all the thing you want with the old codebase is becoming premium like newer versions of MariaDB. So basically you are forced to upgrade to a new license.

I still understand that pay-once and get support in perpetuity is not viable, but there must be a reasonable middle road for legacy license holders but they keep on locking down stuff like ipv4/ipv6 and if you want to do it for unreasonable pricing to unlock it.

Still i hope they wake up an not alienate their old client base and offer reasonable solutions like support packages with a yearly package or something like that.

I hope they never become a part of Oakley Capital (also owners of cPanel, Plesk, SolusVM and WHMCS) but it feels inevitable.

Aldready proposed some other pricing schemes in the dedicated thread, no feedback from Directadmin..

They have turned their backs on those who helped them grow.

I hope they never become a part of Oakley Capital (also owners of cPanel, Plesk, SolusVM and WHMCS) but it feels inevitable.
It’s important to recognize that change, while sometimes unsettling, is not always a precursor to negative outcomes. Adjustments in policy to ensure that DirectAdmin remains robust and self-sufficient are contradictory to the notion that selling to a venture capital firm is inevitable. Those who cannot survive sell to VC.

Aldready proposed some other pricing schemes in the dedicated thread, no feedback from Directadmin..
As I mentioned in the other thread, there’s no immediate need for a change at this moment, especially since lifetime licenses are not under threat at the time being? The sense of urgency may seem premature (to me). Rest assured, proposals, especially with detailed schemes, have been seen. A lack of response does not imply that your suggestions were unheard, disregarded or ignored 😊

At least they did not add notices to the login page about the DirectAdmin version being of the legacy codebase yet.... :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:

If you want to push your old "customers" to a pay-per-month structure do it without pushing them without these kind of sneaky steps.

I have spoken.

Back