A little feedback on the new file manager UI

Just updated today and this is horrible? Everything is quite big and messy, how can we roll back to the old style?

File Manager is built into the DirectAdmin binary, and it is not possible to roll back or switch it alone. We can only roll back the entire DA and not just the FM. So, I don't wish to do that.

I don't like this new File Manager, and I wish someone from the DA team would take this thread as user feedback and provide a resolution.

@bdacus01 already tagged two staff here, so I will not poke them again.
Maybe they can add the 2 styles and let us choose?

File operation should not be on the left. It took a lot of space there. A better idea is this:

this_one.png

The file / folder navigation needs to have an option to hide / show.

File operation should not be on the left. It took a lot of space there. A better idea is this:

View attachment 5106

The file / folder navigation needs to have an option to hide / show.
This is MILES better.

I would also add in "my files" a directory search box, sometimes if you know by heart the directory is faster (or copy/paste if needed), instead of browsing through folders, you copy/paste or write the directory you want to go and done! This has been missing in DirectAdmin and many panels has it

índice.png

I'd actualy even like if they add an option to get the old "clipboard" style one back (like in the early days of evolution and how it still is on enhanced). some people actualy liked that.

That's a good suggestion. Or just give us the previous version as all of us liked it.
I don't understand why they are inverting in things that are fine instead of working on new features, File Manager was fine, it needed some tweaks because it wasn't perfect but it did not need to be redone, they're focusing on new styles when they are already fine, look at cPanel, they haven't changed the FM in ages because it is quite good, work on one that is actually good and let it be

I recommend also to have a more compact view of the folders/files and details. Those file/dir icons look huge.
What's your opinion on latest version?

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh alpha

For me, a file manager, needs to be a file manager.

Easy to use, options at the top, small icons and text to fit as much on the screen as possible (readable of course) but to save scrolling, moving or expanding windows with little wasted space.

It must also be easy to use on mobile devices.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot here? I don't have any way to test it unless switched to alpha channel on a production server? Or is this available in your Demo account?
It’d be a one-time update, not a permanent channel change. There are no major changes in alpha at this time, so, it’s safe to update.

yep. I'd honestly bring back the old clipboard stile one back, even as an optional setting. it worked perfectly fine. (and some of my users actualy want that one back)

Why change what isn't broken? This one matches the Refreshed Evolution-style which most of our customers (severely) dislike which is why we chose to use the Sidebar version.

Back