A Record and CNAME not effective

appliedpayments

Hi

We have added a cname and Arecord on to the DNS management page and added the Arecord with the public IP of the component that we are trying to connect to. But still the connection is not being made. We have waited for 72 hours and the connection was still not made.
When I try to access the component using the A record that we added it is showing Apache is functioning normally and not the components logs.
When we checked the A record on the DNS checker its showing resolved everywhere also.

Kindly let us know what should we do in order to make the connection to the configured component using the new A record.

You have not given us the domain name so it makes it very hard to tell you what to do. There is more to making a domain work than simply adding a DNS record. Its best to add a domain using the Add Domain feature. You don't use the DNS feature unless the site is being hosted on another server. According to what you have told us the domain is working properly for what you have done so far which is simply add a DNS record.

Our domain name is appliedpaymentstech.com. We have added the A record as mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com

Please find the configurations that we have done for the A record and CNAME. I have added a sub domain with the same name also.

Screenshot from 2020-06-09 .png
Screenshot from 2020-06-09 17-07-34.png

A record should be only
Code:
mojaloop     A    35.246.55.142

CNAME should be only too
Code:
mojaloop    CNAME     appliedpaymentstech.com

If you want to make sure record that work try use cloudflare to correct once.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

But we cannot add the same name for A record and CNAME when I tried this on the management portal. Could you please advise?

Our domain name is appliedpaymentstech.com. We have added the A record as mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com

Please find the configurations that we have done for the A record and CNAME. I have added a sub domain with the same name also.

There is no DNS record for mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com. What are you trying to accomplish with this subdomain?

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

But we cannot add the same name for A record and CNAME when I tried this on the management portal. Could you please advise?

That is correct. You can't have it point to 2 different records at the same time. You want it to either go to the ip address or the CNAME but not both. That is a mistake on your part.

There is no DNS as mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com now because I deleted the existing configuration as per your comment.
So what we are trying to accomplish is to give this mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com on to the end of each component on the server as an example component1.mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com, component2.mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com etc.
Once it reaches that mapped IP there is an nginx configured there for routing the traffic to these components

We need to make it accessible to each component that has the mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com part assigned to it. That is why we configured it like *.mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com on the CNAME record.

I didn't tell you to delete it. Once you set up mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com with an A record and ip then the other server has to be set up to accept that traffic.

You can also set up a CNAME to point *.mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com to mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com.

But get mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com working first.

We need to make it accessible to each component that has the mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com part assigned to it. That is why we configured it like *.mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com on the CNAME record.
then your record should be like this

*.mojaloop CNAME mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com

Not like this
*.mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com CNAME mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com
this is just call your domain like " http://ANY.mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com.mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com "

I told you just use cloudflare to confirm your correct records.

I think the nginx server is not setup to receive mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com.

The ip 35.246.55.142 does not seem to be correct either.

I have setup mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com now. The nginx is deleted from that IP now. I need to map new IP of the nginx after I deploy it.

So can you tell me the steps that I should follow next assuming this is the IP of the nginx? So that I can do it after the deployment.

The ip 35.246.55.142 does not work. I can't tell you anything about somebody else's server. This forum is for DirectAdmin.

I clearly told you the IP doesn't work as I have deleted the nginx deployment which was using the IP. We are hosting our domain appliedpaymentstech.com on DIrectAdmin and That is the reason I came here for support. I don't know how it could be somebody else's server when I told you I have deleted the nginx deployment which I did and I have to do that again for the next public IP generation.
Please let me know if I need to contact somewhere else for the configuration.

I have given the CNAME record as told. I will map the public IP to it and will update you how it goes. Thank you so much.

We are hosting our domain appliedpaymentstech.com on DIrectAdmin

We can help you with the DirectAdmin server. I don't know about the nginx server? Is that running DirectAdmin?

You told us that mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com was pointed to 35.246.55.142 and now its not.

We told you how to set up DNS for both the A record and the CNAME record.

You have to configure the nginx server to answer for mojaloop.appliedpaymentstech.com. How to do that depends on if its using a control panel or not. If its not using a control panel there are several things you have to do. You have to configure nginx itself, you have to create a directory for the files its going to serve, and put the files in that directory.

Your original question was about DNS but it seems you need a lot more than that.

Back