all emails sent from wordpress end up in junk (exim problem)

jojolafrite

Verified User
Hi,

After installing exim 4.85 from custombuild, i have noticed an issue when exim sends emails from wordpress (even with using SMTP plugin). It adds a line in the email and then all the emails end up in the junk folder.

In fact, i think i have found the root cause of the problem but i don't know the fix yet.

in headers of the email i can read
Code:
Received: from chock.aliane.me ([64.6.106.60] helo=inadoo.com) by chock.aliane.me with esmtpa
As you can see exim gets the domain of the email address (inadoo.com) but the name of my server is chock.aliane.me. Meanwhile my spf=pass, my dkim=pass and everything else is ok.

Normally it should look like that:
Code:
Received: from chock.aliane.me ([64.6.106.60] helo=chock.aliane.me) by chock.aliane.me with esmtpa

In exim.conf, i have commented the helo_data line and replaced it with helo_data = chock.aliane.me but still i see the same line in the emails sent from Wordpress after a service exim restart.

Meanwhile, there is no issue when i send an email from a regular email software. This is due to the fact, this line is not added at all.

I guess that exim adds this header somewhere else but i don't know where.

thks.

Back