Apt mariadb issue

k1l0b1t

Verified User
Hello

So, Directadmin installs mariadb/mysql directly from a package, and not using apt.

I ran an apt-update yesterday, and I noticed apt tried to update some mariadb packages:

dpkg: fout bij verwerken van pakket libmariadb3:amd64 (--configure):
vereistenproblemen - blijft ongeconfigureerd
Fouten gevonden tijdens verwerken van:
mariadb-common
libmariadb3:amd64
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
(it's dutch, saying "error with processing package libmariadb3"; and then "errors found when processing: mariadb-common libmariadb3:amd64")

Anyone knows how I can fix this?

Thanks

You should not mixing things, SQL is maintained by the Custombuild and not by apt or yum.
For updates you must use CB and not doing updates manually

yes, I do know that, except this happened during a normal upgrade, so it seems that some other package triggered this or something, and since apt has no ignore like yum does, it just tried installing that when i ran apt upgrade

libdbd-mysql-perl libmailutils7 mailutils seem to be the issue, they require those two packages

some of my code needs libdbd-mysql-perl, though I can work around that, so not a big deal

not sure what needs libmailutils7 / mailutils (I guess I'll see when things break)

I do wonder why mariadb isn't installed via apt, as it's from a .deb anyways.

no, that also has the same dependencies, so it'd generate the same issue. workaround is loading the data from a csv file generated by some other script, messy but I have to replace these old scripts some time soon anyways so I guess I'll just rewrite them now :D

Back