AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/httpd/domains/domain.nl.log" : No such file or directory Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.domain.nl.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.

Pretty much says it. Without being able know what's what on your server, can't tell you.

EIther the log file does not exist or the conf file is corrupt or has bad permissions.

Sean,

The logfile is in place:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29201 Sep 4 06:56 domain.nl.log

The config file is also in place:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 54259 Sep 2 09:36 awstats.domain.nl.conf

What permissions should it have?

Awstats doesn't update with correct numbers

Since about a week I've got a dedicated server with DA installed.

I've installed this AWSTATS plugin succesfully.
Looks like a great plugin!
I've got one small problem though.

As a reseller I'm hosting several domains.
Each domain's statistics is being updated via a cronjob twice a day, once at 1am, once at 2pm.

So far, I've noticed that when I compared the awstats to information in Webalizer or Statcounter it doesn't match.

What happens is:

- Statistics for September 5th update at 1am
- Statistics automatically update at 2pm (I see numbers in crease)

The next day, when it updates again at 1am, it doesn't seem to have counted the visitors from 2pm til midnight that previous day.

Am I supposed to run this job more often? Am I overlooking something?

Help appreciated.

Regards,

Linda.

By default, the tally is run via cron at 12:10am. This rolls the users logs and backs them up to their /logs directory (tarred). It then empties the logs. This is probably why you may be seeing this problem.

Far as I know, it's already set for 6.5. I've actually upgraded mine to 6.6. Instructions are pasted futher up in the thread.

sullise said:
By default, the tally is run via cron at 12:10am. This rolls the users logs and backs them up to their /logs directory (tarred). It then empties the logs. This is probably why you may be seeing this problem.

Thank you for your reply Sullise!

I am (still unfortunately) a bit of a noob when it comes to DA and Linux.
Where do I find this tally and what do I do with it ?

Or even better, how do I adjust my current awstats configuration so I get most out of the statistics being logged?

Thank you for your time.

a change?

Hello.. its posible that a change was made in the script?

In two servers i just installed, when i install awstats for a domain shows the following error. I checked with old servers, and there are there folders that not exist in the new ones and in the .tar.gz:
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hook/icons

That folder, and all inside, also all the other subfolders in that "hook" folders are missing (in the server and in the tar.gz i downloaded from the forum): "lang", "lib", "plugins.

Error when i install awstats in a domain:

Checking if there is already something installed..
AwStats Directory already exists on domain
Checking if awstats files are available Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 48 Error linking lib dir /home/eldemo/domains/eldemocrata.org/public_html/awstats/lib from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/lib Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 53 Error linking icon dir /home/eldemo/domains/eldemocrata.org/public_html/awstats/icon from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/icon Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 58 Error linking lang dir /home/eldemo/domains/eldemocrata.org/public_html/awstats/lang from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/lang Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 63 Error linking plugin dir /home/eldemo/domains/eldemocrata.org/public_html/awstats/plugins from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/plugins
Checking for AwStats itself
Awstats already exists.
So I will delete it...Deleted!
Going to install the awstats.pl
Warning: copy(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 77 Error linking awstats.pl /home/eldemo/domains/eldemocrata.org/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
(Re-)Activating CGI for dir
Ok .htaccess already exists let's delete it..Deleted!
Doing an extra permission setting through shell..+(Re-)Setting permissions
Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 101 Warning: chown(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 102 Doing an extra permission setting through shell..Done
Now (re-)creating your configuration file.
Config file has been created and your statistics are now setup!

Hello everbody
I have installed the AWstats plugin and its working great!

But i have one question..
Is its possible to view the history statistics from WebAlizer to AWstats...So you dont loose the statistics of WebAlizer.

I have tried to figure this out in this topic, but searching between 54 pages is a hell of job...

thanks anyway

Webalizer is unaffected by this plugin, so you'll have stats built in both daily if you installed it correctly. The other AWStats plugin does disable webalizer.

yeah ok i understand that.
But thats not what i meant...sorry

i want the old statistics from webalizer converted to awstats

is that possible?

ok.. thanks

I did the command
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/alldomains.php

and now you can access for all the domains the stats via
domain.com/awstats

is there somewhere a configline to edit this directory for al the domains
so it will be
domain.com/stats

Maybe
/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/awstatsinstall.php

$location=$domainToProcess['path'].'/awstats';

???

Has anyone solved this problem? I have the same issue here. I can execute the update script useing the command line, but cron whon't execute.

Thanks for your help.

Would it be possible to let awstats analyse ftp and mail-logs? In a way that users can see their mail & ftp statistics per domain?

I tried to follow the the instructions on the awstats-website, but as the plugin uses some different files than the standard awstats installation I don't know which files to edit...

Back