AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

have problem with this plugin.

I have installed it correct work ok but when user install on domain it doesn't show nothing but error... this what i have gotten:
Checking if there is already something installed..
AwStats Directory already exists on domain
Checking if awstats files are available Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 48 Error linking lib dir /home/citynet/domains/cwthost.net/public_html/awstats/lib from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/lib Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 53 Error linking icon dir /home/citynet/domains/cwthost.net/public_html/awstats/icon from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/icon Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 58 Error linking lang dir /home/citynet/domains/cwthost.net/public_html/awstats/lang from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/lang Warning: symlink(): File exists in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 63 Error linking plugin dir /home/citynet/domains/cwthost.net/public_html/awstats/plugins from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/plugins
Checking for AwStats itself
Going to install the awstats.pl
Warning: copy(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 77 Error linking awstats.pl /home/citynet/domains/cwthost.net/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl from /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
(Re-)Activating CGI for dir
Ok .htaccess already exists let's delete it..Deleted!
Doing an extra permission setting through shell..+(Re-)Setting permissions
Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 101 Warning: chown(): No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/user/index.html on line 102 Doing an extra permission setting through shell..Done
Now (re-)creating your configuration file.
Config file has been created and your statistics are now setup!

Hello,

I have installed awstats before without any problem on FC5, CentOS 4.4, but on a Debian 3.1 installation I can't find what goes wrong.

I'm looking for someone that can help me out:
- Debian 3.1
2.6.8-4-686-smp
- DirectAdmin 1.29.7
- DA plugin: 3.02
- Apache 1.3.37 with suexec enabled (doesn't work with suexec disabled)
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_so.c
mod_frontpage.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

suexec -V output:
-D DOC_ROOT="/"
-D GID_MIN=100
-D HTTPD_USER="apache"
-D LOG_EXEC="/var/log/httpd/suexec_log"
-D SAFE_PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"
-D UID_MIN=100
-D USERDIR_SUFFIX="public_html"
- Perl: This is perl, v5.8.4 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

I can run the awstats.pl from command line and generate an output and that works just fine. When I try to access /awstats/awstats.pl on http request via browser, I get the known Internal Server Error, please...

With suexec enabled: I can find this in the error_log (apache)
fopen: Permission denied
[Sat Jun 30 15:49:36 2007] [error] [client 84.193.51.252] Premature end of script headers: /home/b02/domains/domain.be/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl
and: /var/log/httpd/suexec_log
[2007-06-30 15:49:36]: info: (target/actual) uid: (b02/b02) gid: (b02/b02) cmd: awstats.pl

With suexec disabled: httpd error_log
[Sat Jun 30 15:43:38 2007] [error] (2)No such file or directory: exec of /home/b02/domains/domain.be/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl failed
[Sat Jun 30 15:43:38 2007] [error] [client 84.193.51.252] Premature end of script headers: /home/b02/domains/domain.be/public_html/awstats/awstats.pl
and nothing shows in de suexec_log (cause disabled)

config files: /etc/awstats/
-rw-r--r-- 1 b02 b02 54277 2007-06-28 13:31 awstats.domain.be.conf

The plugin (don't know if the script uses it or not):
server:/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin#
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 547776 2007-06-28 13:17 awstats.pl

I've tried chmod the /etc/awstats dir to my username, but didn't help much. Tried also copying all files (without symlinking them) to the public_html/awstats dir, with correct user and group (chown).

Does anyone know how I can solve my Internel Server Error? Or where can I find other config files, files to check permission, etc. to solve it or someone else needs to know what's causing this error?

I know the thread is long and read it completely, lot of people are asking same things about the Permission story, but can't find a solution for this.

Hope someone can help me out, TIA,
Fossie

Last edited:
I get this error if i use awstats

Error: Not same number of records of BrowsersSearchIDOrder (118 entries) and BrowsersHashIDLib (117 entries without msie,netscape,firefox,svn) in Browsers database. May be you updated AWStats without updating browsers.pm file or you made changed into browsers.pm not correctly. Check your file ./lib/browsers.pm is up to date.

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.sexydromen.nl.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

Hoe can i fix this ?

Since DirectAdmin is testing to support awstats out of the box i would like to convert from this plugin. Did anyone already do this and how did you do this. :)

How can i change the language in awstats (directadmin domain link)

The /awstats file works good, but the file starting from the control panel don't

this plugin is very buggy. there is alot of bug in it...

hope someone can fix this plugin. this plugin is very good but buggy.

Martynai..

Can you please advise if the code in this link will force awStats to display the previous months statistics...

http://directadmin.com/features.php?id=907

...and if yes, can you please tell me exactly where in the file does this code have to be entered..

-builddate=%YY%MM

Also.. Is there away to turn off public viewing of a site stats after you have turned the function on to test it out?
>>> "Set selected domains to be publicly viewable from /stats" <<<

Can you please post the exact code and where it is to go when one wants to turn off the public viewing of stats, or should we be asking awStats questions somewhere else?

Last edited:
Just update DA to 1.32.3 and you'll have -builddate=%YY%MM. If you want to turn off "public viewing" just delete a symlink from public_html folder. About the months - you can choose them in DA interface (statistics page).

I'm trying to tell you that the only select option I have in the dropdown box is the "Present" option..

I cannot view any of last months (September) statistics ...

Just update DA to 1.32.3 and you'll have -builddate=%YY%MM. If you want to turn off "public viewing" just delete a symlink from public_html folder. About the months - you can choose them in DA interface (statistics page).

Last edited:
Maybe because you do not have September statistics with added builddate (%YY%MM format) :)

Go to file manager, then public_html and delete awstats :) (make sure you're in public_html)

Please advise what coding needs to be done and where it is supposed to go in order to get the data for the previous months to display.

Maybe because you do not have September statistics with added builddate (%YY%MM format) :)

Back