[BUG]: Skin options not available when logged in as user via admin or reseller

Richard G

Verified User
When loggin in as admin or reseller and then selecting a user and log in as that user, you can change the skin but skin options is not available.
So we if we would like to help a user for example changing his display to icon grid, we can't do this.

As you can see no "skin options" present where it should be.

1612799555821.png

i got the same problem

skin options is not available into user

Forbid users changing the skin layout on user level = not selected

user_can_select_skin=1 is enabled into directadmin.conf

Yep, I noticed the same thing. The new 'Refreshed' layout has a big green 'Skin Options' button on the Dashboard, but that's not much help if you're in a different layout. (I still prefer the 'Standard' layout.)

Hope it gets fixed soon. In the meantime, you can work around the problem by typing 'skin' into the search field, then selecting 'Skin Options' from there.

you can work around the problem by typing 'skin' into the search field, then selecting 'Skin Options' from there.
trick sounds nice, but searchfield isnt finding configs, only user data, on our side. please, which searchfield do you mean?

Attachments

• searchfield.jpg
    searchfield.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 8
In the meantime, you can work around the problem by typing 'skin' into the search field, then selecting 'Skin Options' from there.
Tried that before I posted my initial post, didn't work for me. I do not use the latest DA version yet. Maybe that is the cause.
When I typed in "skin" in the search field it returns a "no result".

please, which searchfield do you mean?
The very one you have outlined in red.

When I typed in "skin" in the search field it returns a "no result".
How very strange that it's not working for you guys. This is what I see when I'm logged in to a user's account and I start typing in that field…

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 4.55.28 pm.png

Failing that, you could try changing the default layout to 'Refreshed' (Admin Tools > Customize Evolution Skin), logging back in as the user, and clicking on that big green button… but I guess you'd need to upgrade to the latest version of DA first.

Failing that, you could try changing the default layout to 'Refreshed'
As said, I'm not on the latest DA version yet, still on 1.61.5 so I don't have that option/skin yet. I won't upgrade yet because of some issues I see on the forums which needs fixing first.

Failing that, you could try changing the default layout to 'Refreshed' (Admin Tools
Thank you very much, yes can confirm in "refreshed" it works.
Must also set theme to "refreshed" in reseller, and then there with the now new option back for all users to "standard".

Reactions: Kal
I just upgraded to the newest DA version (or rather the other admin did) but he doesn't use Evo skin so I won't activate it for him. And there is no "refreshed" to be found in enhanced skin under admin tools.
Since this is only an admin using Evo workaround option, it's really no solution. This needs to be fixed.

Back