Bug uploading mysql backup?

NoBaloney2

NoBaloney Internet Svcs.
DirectAdmin 1.45.4
When logged in as reseller, as admin, or as end user, trying to upload a mysql backup .gz file:

https://da603.namelessnet.net:2222/CMD_DB

I get this error message from my Chrome browser:

Code:
This webpage is not available
The connection to da603.namelessnet.net was interrupted.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Jeff

Hello,

Timeouts on Administrator Settings page? Or Max Request/Upload Size (bytes)? How big is your MySQL gzipped backup?

Good points, Alex.

The backup was huge. 800 MB, but I got the message insantly so I didn't think that was the issue. If you think it's the issue even if the page comes up immediately, then I'll accept that as the reason.

Otherwise, one more detail: skin is Enhanced

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff,

Only John can say it for sure. My tests show that when you try to upload a MySQL dump bigger than it's specified in "Max Request/Upload Size (bytes)" you get immediate connection reset.

Code:
net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Thus we might need to ask John to make directadmin to drop a text error with details instead of closing connection.

Regards,
Alex.

Looking at the code, DA does generate an error page..
The issue is probably that browser isn't going to be looking for a response yet, since it's still uploading.
The first thing it notices is the closed socket, (DA is already done sending a response before the upload is done..)
so the browser throws the closed socket, rather than the error message that DA sent out...
That's my guess.

There might be a better way of doing that... perhaps using an ajax uploader would be a better option.

I also just noticed that the MAX_FILE_SIZE form option wasn't set on the MytSQL page, so I've added that in.
I'm not sure if browsers respect it, but if they do, that would prevent the upload from starting.

John

Back