Solved Can't receive email to a specific email address

Sab

Verified User
Suddenly I can't receive an email at a particular email address (which was been working fine for past 12months). I can send emails but can't receive them. Other email addresses on the domain are working fine. I have removed the email address and recreated it but still, get the same error

host mail.domain.com [XXX.53.XXX.249] SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>: 550 No such recipient here

DNS, routing, permissions all appear to be ok. What am I missing here? Any pointer would be great! TIA

Last edited:
email is admin , don't know is protected name "admin" or in some security preventions.
Look before what updates or changes it yes or no worked

Just to be sure, check the MX records page of the domain if "Select your remote email provider" is still set to Local Default.

MX record are set fine. The issue is specific to an email account. If MX were incorrect it would affect all the 30 email accounts

For the record, the issue was corrected. DA interface allowed an unsanitized input in the email forwarder which lead to the issue. /etc/virtual/domain.com/aliases manually edited to correct the issue.

Back