CentOS 8.1 (1911) released

No issues at all.

Code:
[root@srv ~]# cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Linux release 8.1.1911 (Core)

After upgrade to centos 8.1 and then reboot, my server does not answser to ping. Everything looks good in IPMI. Strange. Server is not avilable from outside.

I have two CentOS 8 servers. Network on both of them was unavailable after reboot. In IPMI console everything except the network was looking good. Network was unreachable. No errors in NetworkManager. Then I discovered that default gateway suddenly was missing.

The solution was to reboot the server. One of the servers needed to be rebooted two times before default gateway automatically returned. The other server only needed to be rebooted one extra time. Then everything is working correct. This must be a random intermittent bug in CentOS 8.1. If it happens to anybody else, your only solution is to reboot the server, over and over again, until it solves itself.

Last edited:
No problem here, reboot just fine with Centos 8.1 (DHCP enabled)

I know this is a loaded question.

Is everyone still smooth sailing on Centos 8.x?

Running well in Production?

I did a server as a test seems ok. I wanted to hear others views.

Still going strong :)
Multiple Centos 8.1 DA servers in production with standard php 7.3 and MariaDB 10.4

I know this is a loaded question.

Is everyone still smooth sailing on Centos 8.x?

Running well in Production?

I did a server as a test seems ok. I wanted to hear others views.

No problems here.

I have been running CentOS 8 for more than a couple of months on my KVM VPS's with no problems.

I have not switched my dedicated server over yet, still running CentOS 7.

Guys thanks.

I will be building plan to move to CentOS 8 on a few servers.

Running Centos 8.1 here on a VPS for a couple months with php 7.3 and Mariadb 10.4, no issues so far, running fine.

according to benchmarks there is a clearly diff from 7 to 8 - almost 40% in performance. thats nice. Will test it

Back