change directadmin port :2222 is possible?

jack sparrow

Verified User
Hello

its my first time using directadmin and i like it very simple and easier than cpanel

but i wander if i can change the port :2222 to anything else ?

or if i can delete or rename the user admin , for security reasons

and if u please if u have useful links how to protect my directadmin ill be appreciated

sory for my english i hope u understand me :p

I dont think you can remove the admin user.

To change the port edit /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

Change the port= line to a new port number.

Like: port=1234

Then type /sbin/service directadmin restart

You can create another administrator and then suspend the admin user. You may have to suspend admin manually in the /etc/passwd file.

I dont think you can remove the admin user.

To change the port edit /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf

Change the port= line to a new port number.

Like: port=1234

Then type /sbin/service directadmin restart

thank u allot i did change the port

but when i did , the httpd has stoped and iam not able to enable or start it sgain all faild !!!

You can create another administrator and then suspend the admin user. You may have to suspend admin manually in the /etc/passwd file.

if i suspend the admin user , dose the resellers under that user well suspend too ?

please can u provide me with ssh commands to do that

thank u

Yes but again I don't think you can suspend admin with the control panel. I think you would have to do this in the /etc/passwd file. Do that and it will not suspend any other user or reseller.

Yes but again I don't think you can suspend admin with the control panel. I think you would have to do this in the /etc/passwd file. Do that and it will not suspend any other user or reseller.

how to do that?

what i have to write in ssh cd /etc/passwd then what ?

sorry man iam still noobi in this

Sorry its the /etc/shadow. But a search on Google shows you this command:

Code:
usermod -L admin

-L stands for Lock and -U stands for Unlock

Code:
man  usermod

Do you have csf/lfd firewall? Leave port 2222 as is, but remove it in csf/lfd config from tcp-in.
Make an exclusion in the csf/lfd firewall for your own ip adres. You have access to port 2222, the rest of the world not! Works for ssh port 22 as well.

I make use of a dyndns service to automatically find my dynamic ip adress. The dyndns domain is then whitelisted in the csf/lfd firewall

Back