clamd@scan - can't run

Just for the wait...

This its another workaround

Disable the service monitor por clamscan

Code:
 sed -i 's/scan\=ON/scan=OFF/g'  /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/services.status

Restart DA

Code:
systemctl restart directadmin

Wait for it... or restart you server ... or kill all the start process for clamscan...

Disable the service monitor por clamscan
Yes that is the same what I already posted before in post #37

Richard G said:
if you use the stop function on DA to stop the clamd@scan.
This makes the service monitor go to "off".

But what happens in your case if you restart clamd@scan via DA? Is the issue back again? If yes, it's the same workaround I've posted.

then I must be lucky :), since applying that solution service is working, even after an restart
After a server restart, or if you use the restart function in DA? If it's the restart function in DA then you're lucky.
However, doublecheck with the ps faux | grep clamd command to verify if you don't have any hanging clamd@scan services start or restart stuff.

After a server restart, or if you use the restart function in DA
Server restart, and restart service from DA it fails :(

After applying the solution with removing and rebuilding clamd@scan service works again but don't survive an server reboot anymore , now I am confued o_O

Time to ask @DirectAdmin Support @smtalk for help, things are not going well...

Last edited:
and restart service from DA it fails :(
Yes as I expected, unfortunately.

You don't need to remove and rebuild again. Just stop da's monitoring service and you should be fine.

But this means something is not working correctly with DA's monitoring service since this security update. So indeed... @fln or one of the others mentioned... this should probably be fixed by DA.

Hmm. Without doing anything everything seems normal right now. Clamd is running according to DA and low cpu usage.

Maybe freshclam updated something and fixed a bug in latest clamav?

Hmm. Without doing anything everything seems normal right now. Clamd is running according to DA and low cpu usage.

Maybe freshclam updated something and fixed a bug in latest clamav?
Exactly the same for me. Resetting the service from the DirectAdmin monitor also now works correctly

Without doing anything everything seems normal right now.
Resetting the service from the DirectAdmin monitor also now works correctly
You mean restarting? I had the same yesterday, but trying to restart the monitor gave troubles again.

@amphora you can now also restart from DA without troubles? and in the services.status file the clamd@scan=ON again?
Doublechecked via ps faux | grep clamd that there are indeed no restarting processes hanging?

Same here, all normal, I dont like this problems auto-repaired by "magic", as I cant know if can happen again tomorrow....

I think can be related to the virus database definition.

I dont like this problems auto-repaired by "magic",
Me neither, for the same reason. And it does not explain as to why suddenly in between was asked for a service.conf instead of scan.conf als also does not explain why it's still an issue in Alma 9.

Really weird issue indeed. I just updated on Alma 8 and nuked everything in /var/lib/clamav to be safe. Everything is running fine now after a systemctl restart clamav-freshclam.service (and downloading all definitions from scratch)

verything is running fine now after a systemctl restart clamav-freshclam.service (and downloading all definitions from scratch)
Yes via systemctl it wasn't a problem before (at least not on my servers), the issue was when the DA monitoring was running and restarting via the DA interface.
Issue seems gone now on Centos 7 and 8 but still odd.

When checking /var/log/messages:

LibClamAV Warning: Detected duplicate databases /var/lib/clamav/bytecode.cvd and /var/lib/clamav/bytecode.cld, please manually remove one of them
LibClamAV Warning: Detected duplicate databases /var/lib/clamav/bytecode.cvd and /var/lib/clamav/bytecode.cld, please manually remove one of them

This is what is causing the failure.
Needs to address the problem,. not the notification of the problem.

Back