CName points to subdomain in Directadmin - Apache is functioning normally - why?

ShinJii

Verified User
Hi,
I pointed CNAME "subdomain.domain.com" to "subdomain.domain2.com" and there's error "Apache is functioning normally"
Why?
What should I do in directadmin with that? When I go directly to subdomain.domain2.com it's ofcourse working normally....

I don't know if this URL solving my problem.
My problem:

First domain X (CNAME) is outside directadmin server and points to second domain Y in directadmin (other server)... when I go to Domain X it's showing that error, if I go directly to Domain Y it's without error.... I have to add Domain X somewhere in directadmin or what?

CNAME is just a DNS record. So, that domain is pointing to IP address of your DA server, but it has nothing to do with webserver, it won't know which domain should it point to :) You'd need to add this domain as "Domain Alias" in DA, that way webserver will know what to respond with.

CNAME is just a DNS record. So, that domain is pointing to IP address of your DA server, but it has nothing to do with webserver, it won't know which domain should it point to :) You'd need to add this domain as "Domain Alias" in DA, that way webserver will know what to respond with.
Hi smtalk, I saw several posts from you regarding this "APACHE IS FUNCTIONING NORMALLY" problem.
I checked virtual hosts and everything is fine@ httpd.conf
Checked IP's and all Ip's are fine
But running:
netstat -punta | grep LISTEN

I dont see port 80 or 443 on the list.

Any idea on this?

Many thanks in advanced

Howdy

ports 80 and 443 are back on the list. Yet, no way I can browse the site.

Really hard to deal with this DirectAdmin server. So poor instructions on the console...

Howdy

ports 80 and 443 are back on the list. Yet, no way I can browse the site.

Really hard to deal with this DirectAdmin server. So poor instructions on the console...
Is this LAN setup?

Yes I think so, is Amazon's AWS.

The control panel at port 222 works really fine. Cant understand what's wrong in there, why sites are not routing to the domain directory or handling web resources.

Everything really looks fine.

Yes I think so, is Amazon's AWS.

The control panel at port 222 works really fine. Cant understand what's wrong in there, why sites are not routing to the domain directory or handling web resources.

Everything really looks fine.
I think you did not follow steps 4-5 from LAN setup and no IP linking is done :)

In a matter of fact yes, I did.

IP's are linked as described (LAN IP not belonging to user; only Apache added) and the directadmin.conf with lan_ip=*.*.*.* correctly added and information is correct.

Only this I see weird is subnet mask of the public IP accessed through the Control Panel that is the subnet of the private IP, 255.255.240.0

Really can't imagine further ...

In a matter of fact yes, I did.

IP's are linked as described (LAN IP not belonging to user; only Apache added) and the directadmin.conf with lan_ip=*.*.*.* correctly added and information is correct.

Only this I see weird is subnet mask of the public IP accessed through the Control Panel that is the subnet of the private IP, 255.255.240.0

Really can't imagine further ...
Maybe you did the linking on the wrong ip?

As I can see, is not wrong, because is very clear how the IP is the PRIVATE IP of the server. AWS informs me that in several screens.

But anyway, I used that IP and the one informed me as BROADCAST in the /sbin/ifconfig command ... nothing.

Amazing

After I use CloudFlare, DirectAdmin can't be accessed. There is a Apache not functioning normally.
Make sure you've entered correct IP in cloudflare (the same one which is assigned for the domain).

Back