Commande line restore

fiahost

Hello

Direct Admin has a great feature: we can launch backups and send them automatically to another server.

Is there any command to restore them from the command line? In fact, we watn to keep our hosted websites alive in a fail over server. Direct Admin would send a backups to the second machine that restores them when they finished downloading. We need to know just the command to restore these backups from the console.

Thank you for your assistance.

I ran into this, but I don't know if it works:

/bin/tar xzfp /home/admin/user_backups/username.tar.gz -C /home/username domains 2>&1

Hello,

The tar command would be useful for just the website data, but if you want the whole shebang, you can snag the command to use by going to the restore section you'd normally use, eg:

Reseller Level -> Manage User Backups

You have to time the next part carefully... wait until the next minute flips over (eg, seconds = 01) on your server (type "date" to watch) and then issue the restore through that page how you normally would.

Quickly then type:
Code:
cat /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
the output is then the command youd run to automate the restore that DA is doing, but you can do it wheneve you want via cron or script, etc. This will be better in that is also restores everything, including email accounts, email data, you name it, etc..

Note this process works for whatever backup options you chose, so basically you can have multiple restores in 1 command, whatever you pass from the control panel is what you'll get in the output.

John

Unfortunately, I have not access to regular restore place due to failure in apache server. The only way I have for restore - command line options. Is there a procedure of apache server restore in this way. The only backup I have is a folder created a week ago with next structure (after untar): [date-of-backup]/apache/etc

The DirectAdmin control panel is NOT reliant on apache working; if you can't get DirectAdmin to run (it's a C++ compiled program) than you can't use it's restore feature, because it's restore feature relies on DirectAdmin running.

There's nothing to stop you from doing an analysis of the contents of the backup and writing your own restore system, but then you'd end up with a system without DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Back