Cron jobs to backup from selected user(s) are not listed in Admin Backup/Transfer lis

smhnaji

Verified User
I have selected some users to be backed up using directadmin's Admin Backup/Transfer tool.

If I would select all users, it would list the cron jobs at the bottom of the page. But now it doesn't list the crons that are for just some of the users.

How should I edit/manage user(s) to those backup cron jobs?

From the shell run:
Code:
man crontab
for instructions.

When you actually run crontab you'll need to do it as root.

Jeff

Thank you, but unfortunately I couldn't get how to add or edit directadmin user(s).

I couldn't even list cron jobs of admin with this command:
Code:
crontab -u admin -l
RESPONSE:
no crontab for root

While when I login as admin in Diretcadmin, I see one cronjob to backup from all users. I have also added 4 cron jobs for specific users to back them up as admin.

None of them are listed using that command.

Thank you

While when I login as admin in Diretcadmin, I see one cronjob to backup from all users. I have also added 4 cron jobs for specific users to back them up as admin.

Backup cronjobs if you set in directadmin as administrator and reseller on the admin account, are stored in diradmin's crontab:

Code:
crontab -u diradmin -l

Thank you very much, but there is only one result (while there should be 5 total), and that one is only the cron that is executed for ALL users

Result
Code:
0 12 1 * *  echo "action=backup&id=5&owner=admin" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da; /bin/chmod 600 /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue.da

Thank you

Then you did not set up any more crontabs, you probably did check run with cron and run them instantly as "now".

My god, YOU were right!

All these days I was doing this wrong. Very sorry.

Very thank you. I don't know why was I doing it all wrong!

Thank you very much. That had been really the most terrible headache for me

1000 thanks dear zEitEr. :)

Back