CSF not showing in DirectAdmin

grvulture

Hello all,
I'm new to DirectAdmin. I'm in the process of migrating from cPanel. I installed CSF and although it's working (also shown in Plugin Manager list), it's not showing a menu entry under Extra Features. I've tried this through 3 different installing methods, on 3 new DirectAdmin installations, alas nothing! My skin is the Evolution skin (I'm guessing, because I get a "Customize Evolution Skin" menu option under Admin Tools).

I've updated my CustomBuild following this article, but still nothing.
Can anybody help me?

mxroute

Verified User
If you see Plugin Manager I assume you're in admin and not user. In that case, are you certain that you ran the install.directadmin.sh script to install CSF and not one of the others?

grvulture

Oh shoot! I followed 3 help articles about installing CSF to DirectAdmin they all said to just sh install.sh! Could it be that simple? I'll try that after I'm done re-installing the server. Thanks a lot!

SmallWeb

Verified User
Did you use ./setup auto when you installed DirectAdmin? (with CSF preinstalled)

grvulture

Ok, as it turns out, my problem was much simpler. Looking at the error log I saw I had permission errors on opening /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/plugin.conf for reading. Once I fixed that, CSF appeared in DA.