CSF not showing in DirectAdmin

grvulture

Verified User
Hello all,
I'm new to DirectAdmin. I'm in the process of migrating from cPanel. I installed CSF and although it's working (also shown in Plugin Manager list), it's not showing a menu entry under Extra Features. I've tried this through 3 different installing methods, on 3 new DirectAdmin installations, alas nothing! My skin is the Evolution skin (I'm guessing, because I get a "Customize Evolution Skin" menu option under Admin Tools).

I've updated my CustomBuild following this article, but still nothing.
Can anybody help me?

If you see Plugin Manager I assume you're in admin and not user. In that case, are you certain that you ran the install.directadmin.sh script to install CSF and not one of the others?

Oh shoot! I followed 3 help articles about installing CSF to DirectAdmin they all said to just sh install.sh! Could it be that simple? I'll try that after I'm done re-installing the server. Thanks a lot!

Did you use ./setup auto when you installed DirectAdmin? (with CSF preinstalled)

Ok, as it turns out, my problem was much simpler. Looking at the error log I saw I had permission errors on opening /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/csf/plugin.conf for reading. Once I fixed that, CSF appeared in DA.

Back