Curl 7.73.0

After updating Curl to the latest version, DA back-up stopped working and gives the following error:

Code:
Error during Backup Creation

Details

/usr/local/bin/curl returned error code 67
curl: (67) Access denied: 504
FTP information invalid.

Downgrading to 7.72.0 is fixing the problem temporarily. Somebody a better fix?

/usr/local/bin/curl returned error code 67 curl: (67) Access denied: 504 FTP information invalid.

Are you sure about the curl ? error message is about the wrong FTP user info
all our servers have this update and didn't have any problems with uploading to FTP servers

When I look into the error I see the following:
Code:
CURLE_LOGIN_DENIED (67)

The remote server denied curl to login (Added in 7.13.1)

Perhaps it has to do with my Synology system?

After updating Curl to the latest version, DA back-up stopped working and gives the following error:

Code:
Error during Backup Creation

Details

/usr/local/bin/curl returned error code 67
curl: (67) Access denied: 504
FTP information invalid.

Downgrading to 7.72.0 is fixing the problem temporarily. Somebody a better fix?

Same here, for SSL only FTP servers. (with self-signed certificate)

I got the same error with my reseller account. Scheduled backup worked for 2 days flawless but 2 days ago started to throw this error.. i just signed up to inform ...😊 ftp server was vsftp with letsencyrpt on ubuntu

in latest chances it states

ftp: separate FTPS from FTP over “HTTPS proxy”​

The FTP code would previously wrongly consider a HTTPS proxy to euqal *using TLS” as if it was using TLS for its control channel, which made it wrongly use commands that are reserved for TLS connections.

can this be the problem? maybe directadmins codes for ftps procedure become obsolete?

When I look into the error I see the following:
Code:
CURLE_LOGIN_DENIED (67)

The remote server denied curl to login (Added in 7.13.1)

Perhaps it has to do with my Synology system?
It means the connection was denied on the remote server whatever that is. I mean some security credentials are wrong API key, user, password, and such.

Can you login with a generic FTP client?

in latest chances it states

ftp: separate FTPS from FTP over “HTTPS proxy”​

The FTP code would previously wrongly consider a HTTPS proxy to euqal *using TLS” as if it was using TLS for its control channel, which made it wrongly use commands that are reserved for TLS connections.

can this be the problem? maybe directadmins codes for ftps procedure become obsolete?
I have the latest version of curl and have no issues.

Maybe so info about your system or your workflow might help

I have the latest version of curl and have no issues.

Maybe so info about your system or your workflow might help
After updating it did not work anymore, after downgrading it works like before. So there must be something between DA and CURL what has been changed in the update, or in the way CURL is being implemented in the current backup script. Stand alone ftp like Filezilla are working.

can you provide your backup server ftps conf file? just to check it

thanks.
I don’t use the backup ftp process.
I am speaking of using ftpserver on DA.

if you follow the guides I sent above it will walk you through what to check for the backup process

Back