CustomBuild problems after update to new DA version

Ah, yes, I should have mentioned it. I hope you did not lose your email data. Or you can easily recover it from backups.

Yes, you might need to remove IPv6 since you don't use it. And make sure it is removed from DNS then. As if you connect to the server over IPv6 then you might see the certificate name mismatch errors.
I had to restore a snapshot from my VPS after I fixed 30+ domains last night:/

Is there a proper way to delete this ip6 address savely since this one cannot be done in ip manager?

You might try and set ipv6=1 temporary and remove the IP from directadmin interface.
That worked thanks! All websites keeps working now after rebuild the software:)

But I only get certificate mismatches on the mail accounts now.
I still cannot find how to fix that:/

I have in directadmin.conf:
SSL=1 *(Sorry it is ssl-1)
enable_ssl_sni=1
mail_sni=1

Last edited:
Exactly like that? If yes, then you need to change it to lowercase. For some reason it's case sensitive and needs to read:
ssl=1
Sorrie Richard, its just lowercase. I copied it from another thread, but all is correct in my directadmin.conf.

Ik heb alles weer werkend gekregen maar krijg nu alleen steeds het volgende als ik b.v. Outlook opstart:
2023-03-25_08-39-01.jpg
Ik heb dit wel eens eerder gehad, maar heb geen idee hoe ik dat heb opgelost.

Btw. I always fill in 'mail.mydomainname.nl' (not 'mail.hostname.nl') as the email server in the email clients.

Update: I found this in directadmin/system.log:
2023:03:24-17:32:46: Ssl::save_cert_post: removed mail.domainname.nl from snidomains due to value match: user:domainname.nl
2023:03:24-17:32:46: Ssl::save_cert_post: removed domainname.nl from snidomains due to value match: user:domainname.nl
2023:03:24-17:32:46: Ssl::save_cert_post: removed www.domainname.nl from snidomains due to value match: user:domainname.nl
2023:03:24-17:32:46: Ssl::save_cert_post: swapping snidomains: mail.domainname.nl=(null) with mail.domainname.nl=user:domainname.nl
2023:03:24-17:32:46: Ssl::save_cert_post: swapping snidomains: domainname.nl=(null) with domainname.nl=user:domainname.nl
2023:03:24-17:32:46: Ssl::save_cert_post: swapping snidomains: www.domainname.nl=(null) with www.domainname.nl=user:domainname.nl

(just replaced the actual domainname and username for privacy)

Last edited:
After DA update I can't create any email accounts in Outlook anymore on both of my servers.
After finishing with proper account and server settings, it says "Something went wrong creating your account".

It looks like your certificate (s) are some how messed up
Because you are masking your domain and your hostname we cant check anything.
You can send it to me by PM , maybe I can help

o_O:) It looks like everything has been fixed guys.

In the end it turned out to be 3 separate issues:

1: Somehow all DA CustomBuild and SSL settings and the server ip4 address in the domain .conf files were disappeared after (one of the) latest DA updates. I think the cause was an invalid ipv6 ip address or a flawed openssl setup, which started giving troubles after the regarding update. I have no clue what else it could be.

Solution:
  • Removed the invalid ip from DA ip manager.
  • Manually placed back the missing ip4 address in the domain.conf file of all domains.
  • Reset all 'Edit options' in CustomBuild from default to the necessary settings, including the php versions.
  • Re-enabled SSL for all users and reinstalled the LE certificates.
Rebuild and updated all components (/build update, /build versions/, build all, /build rewrite_confs etc.)

This actually resolved the main problem.

2. Outlook certificate issue.

It turned out to only concerned the mail accounts from the moved user accounts to my second server during some test from previous problem. Re-adding the accounts in Outlook solved this somehow.

3. Adding these accounts in Outlook did not work in the first instance.

This turned out to be due to my ESET virus integration in Outlook. More info I found here: https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/outlook-imap-configuration-errors-after-exim-update.709345/ After disabling ESET, I was able to add the e-mail accounts again without and certificate issues😊

I really hope this solved everything for a while 🏳️🥵

Thanks a lot for your kind help and feedback guys! It was very helpful(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
Ik heb dit wel eens eerder gehad, maar heb geen idee hoe ik dat heb opgelost.
Heb ik ook eens gehad, overigens gebruiken wij ook overal mail.gebruikersdomein.nl en niet de server hostname voor de mails.

Yes please let us know, I'm very curious to the solution.

Heb ik ook eens gehad, overigens gebruiken wij ook overal mail.gebruikersdomein.nl en niet de server hostname voor de mails.

Yes please let us know, I'm very curious to the solution.
Ja ik gebruik ook mail.gebruikersdomein.nl. Vaak maak ik voor de zekerheid het subdomein mail.gebruikersdomein.nl aan en installeer hierop ook een LE certificaat.

Vaak maak ik voor de zekerheid het subdomein mail.gebruikersdomein.nl aan en installeer hierop ook een LE certificaat.
I am not sure that is an good approch, A and AAAA record in DNS should be fine without creating subdomain

Oh I've overseen that. The mail A record should be created by default indeed when creating a domain.

I am not sure that is an good approch, A and AAAA record in DNS should be fine without creating subdomain
For example SSLLabs doesnt give a cert name mismatch when I check mail.domain.com if subdomain is added. Else it does, isnt it?

Back