Daflare Standard: Automatically synchronise your DNS from DirectAdmin to Cloudflare

Very Happy!​

v0.14.0b – 17 Sept 2023​

• PHP 8 no longer displays deprecation warnings
  • Added an ‘Advanced Mode’ which includes new record types ‘TLSA’, ‘CAA’, ‘DNSKEY’ (although I believe it is still best to enable DNSSEC on Cloudflare and they automatically manage their own DNSKEY records separately)
  • NOTE: To change to the ‘Advanced Mode’, go to ‘Edit Admin Defaults’ and change the ‘Direct Zone File Access’ to ‘Advanced Mode Beta’. It will be automatically recommended that you switch to preview mode – do this and then scroll down to the bottom of the screen to press ‘Update’. I highly recommend that you do this and try synchronizing all your important domains in preview mode to see what records will be changed when you switch back to Live mode.
  • Any other custom Cloudflare record types not supported by daflare are now ignored, and not removed from Cloudflare as they previously would have been.

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 22.34.54.png

Well, that's a bad start. The download link doesn't actually download the plugin, instead it downloads a .TAR file and now the file that it needs to install. Even the documentation says "
After checking out, a link will be sent to you to download the plugin. It is a .tar.gz file which is ready to upload to DirectAdmin."

Not really feeling very confident about this.

View attachment 7206

Well, that's a bad start. The download link doesn't actually download the plugin, instead it downloads a .TAR file and now the file that it needs to install. Even the documentation says "
After checking out, a link will be sent to you to download the plugin. It is a .tar.gz file which is ready to upload to DirectAdmin."

Not really feeling very confident about this.
If you login, there is a download link with .tar.gz

I did, but for some reason, using Safari it seemed to be extracting the file.. but either way, managed to get it installed.

Now I have the issue where it's not actually working because it says "named-checkzone isn't installed on your server: you need it to enable zone file access." - I've checked with DA Support and they've informed that this comes as a part of BIND, so should be installed by default....

Running the command seems to generate output, so not sure what exactly this plugin is missing.

Code:
root@eu1:/# which named-checkzone
/usr/bin/named-checkzone
root@eu1:/# whereis named-checkzone
named-checkzone: /usr/bin/named-checkzone /usr/share/man/man1/named-checkzone.1.gz

Last edited:
Spoke with the developer and he released an update which addressed this problem. However now it's not possible for me to update any DNS records on my server, receiving the following error:

ERROR WRITING RECORDS​

Script output: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/dns_write_post.sh
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/dns_write_post.sh: 1: -e: not found

Ticket raised with DA support as right now, it seems that I cannot make any DNS changes.. This is a huge issue and I don't understand what is causing it. In my opinion, it's clear that this plugin update was not fully tested and clearly has resulted in significant issues (at least for me).

I will provide updates here if I learn anything new.

Based on this post, I have deleted the script as it was basically the same situation. Since deleting the file and re-activating the plugin, the file has not re-appeared and the error has also gone. - I want to be clear, this error was not present until using the plugin.

I'm now manually updating my records from CF to DA and then will test whether this is working correctly.

Confirmed, working correctly now. Not sure what the issue was and why that script was placed in the /custom/ folder and resulted in the issue.

I'm curious how this project is coming along? Have you figured out your pricing model?

Back