Details for a Let’s Encrypt plugin [ open source idea ]

It's definitely supported by LE, the python client works fine indeed. But the project now doesn't use the python lib at all, instead a php lib is being used. The bug is located either in that lib or in the implementation. It's only a matter of troubleshooting which Wouter said he will do later. Of course if someone else has the time and knowledge to dig in to it earlier, they are more than welcome to do so :)

Yeah, it's definitely something in the plugin or library we use. Not sure what it's casing, but I will find that out soon :-).

My plan was to work this weekend on the plugin, but I currently don't have a development environment (test server), unfortunately.

Error

We are working on it! You are always welcome to help us with ideas or improving the code. See GitHub: https://github.com/Petertjuh360/da-letsencrypt
When i run composer install, it says

[root@server da-letsencrypt]# composer install
-bash: composer: command not found

and when i visit the plugin page i get this,

PHP:
Warning: require_once(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/da-letsencrypt/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/da-letsencrypt/includes/bootstrap.php on line 7 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/da-letsencrypt/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/da-letsencrypt/includes/bootstrap.php on line 7

I had the same problem.

When running "composer install" I got an error:

[ErrorException]
escapeshellarg() has been disabled for security reasons

Removing "escapeshellarg" from php "disable_functions" and restarting php allowed it to install correctly and it's working now. You can re-add it back to the disable_functions after install.

The composer errors will only exist during the development of this plugin. When stable versions are released it is no longer necessary to run composer.

Is it already possible to use it? I tried to create a certificate for my domain, but what do I need to do after pressing submit in the request page?

Is it already possible to use it? I tried to create a certificate for my domain, but what do I need to do after pressing submit in the request page?

Basic functions work but it is not ready for a stable live version yet. Stay tuned.

Basic functions work but it is not ready for a stable live version yet. Stay tuned.

That's great news! I'm thinking about trying it out already but I was wondering how the upgrade procedure would look like after V1 is released. When I install it now through github, will I have to update it that way forever, or will I be able to upgrade it through DirectAdmin directly in the future?

Thanks for your feedback on this.

This is an open-source project. I unfortunately don't have the time at the moment to work on this because of other projects. I hope V1 is released in the near future, but I can't give any estimation.

That's great news! I'm thinking about trying it out already but I was wondering how the upgrade procedure would look like after V1 is released. When I install it now through github, will I have to update it that way forever, or will I be able to upgrade it through DirectAdmin directly in the future?

Thanks for your feedback on this.

It should update automatically when the first stable is released. Make sure this is in the plugin.conf.

Support will be free through Github. If someone requires premium support (which is not covered on Github) I should be able to provide this.

Our competitor 1 month ago starting campaign and offer free unlimited ssl use letsencrypt. They use this cpanel plugin https://letsencrypt-for-cpanel.com/

I hope soon be able to use this DA plugin free or with premium support.

Thank you.

The plugin is open-source, so feel free to fix some open issues :).

Nothing, the work will be done for you. The request page processes your request (do the challenges, request SSL and import SSL in DA).

Last edited:
Nice plugin. Will see if I can help here and there.

Maybe you can add the install procedure for composer to the README file:
Code:
curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php -- --install-dir=/usr/bin --filename=composer

Last edited:
Nice plugin. Will see if I can help here and there.

Maybe you can add the install procedure for composer to the README file:
Code:
curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php -- --install-dir=/usr/bin --filename=composer

Added, thank you!

Plugin is working fine, but there are a few things which need to be fixed for a stable release. Feel free to help!

Nice job guys. If I had a bit more knowledge I would help, but in this case I would only make trouble I'm afraid :(

If you are not great in coding, maybe you can help with design or think about new functions or other things. You don't have to code to help ;).

Thank you for your willing to help!

I see some people already using this plugin in production on an unstable version. This is not recommended. Many changes are planned to be made to the plugin, all things done (signed domains and so on) in the past may be lost or must be cleared in the stable release. And I won't create BC for this, because it isn't stable yet. Just be patient.

Also; the plugin isn't checked for security issues yet.

Last edited:
Back