Status
Not open for further replies.

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're pleased to announce the Release Candidate for DirectAdmin 1.50.0

Version: 1.50.0 RC1

This is a major release with numerous new features and fixes.
The full list can be Found Here

New Features

plus many more.

Bugfixes
Plus various other fixes.

To try out these binaries now, please go to the pre-release section in your /clients account to download them.
Please let us know if you find any issues, and also if a particular feature is working correctly.

Thanks!

John

The let's encrypt feature doesn't work on FreeBSD 9.

After the user clicks on "Save"

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/letsencrypt.sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/letsencrypt.sh: 131: Syntax error: Error in command substitution

The script looks normal to me

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# This script is written by Martynas Bendorius and DirectAdmin
# It is used to create/renew let's encrypt certificate for a domain
# Official DirectAdmin webpage: http://www.directadmin.com
# Usage:
# ./letsencrypt.sh <domain> <key-size>
MYUID=`/usr/bin/id -u`
if [ "${MYUID}" != 0 ]; then
    echo "You require Root Access to run this script";
    exit 0;
fi

Thanks for the report. I had found a few incorrect quote styles in the file. I've fixed those up.
Binaries with the fix should be compiled either very late Feb 2nd, or early Feb 3rd (./directadmin o)

John

I am developing a responsive skin based on enhanced skin using bootstrap frame work. will be any problem with new release? Capture.JPG

Thanks for the fix John. I was able to generate a certificate.
A couple of usability issues:
  • The cert generation should use AJAX. Currently users get the spinning wheel, which could last a while on less powerful servers, and in the end get to see everything that has happened (badly formatted). I think users should be shown progress on a properly designed page
  • There is no way of knowing that a certificate was generated via let's encrypt and that it's going to auto-renew. I think the field should be greyed out and a let's encrypt option ticked. The user would have to change option in order to be able to modify the cert. Without it, admins don't have a quick way to see if it's a custom cert or not. I'm guessing there must be a variable in the user's http config which says what it is
  • There should be a counter in the admin zone with the current number of renewals, etc, because of the rate-limit. Users could also be made aware of the per domain limit, but I don't think many will hit it

Another problem with LetsEncrypt. The script doesn't read the DOCROOT variable and thus fails installing certs for domains which use it.

And fixing the script doesn't work. The DA binary needs to be updated as well to create the well-known folder

Last edited:
Something should be clarified in the documentation

Rate limit on certificates per Domain is now 5 per 7 days

Let's encrypt considers every subdomain as a subdomain, unlike other CA which consider a subdomain a separate domain. And since they don't offer wildcard certs, it means you may hit that limit quickly if you use a lot of subdomains.

if our licensed ip actually not in use but we are using DA through a hosting company (I have dedicated on Wholesale Internet, Inc.) can we still d/l and test?
I have lifetime license assigned to vps ip however DA not actually installed right now. vps is just bare centos install with nothing installed.
so I have access to the files..just not sure its "legal"

Last edited:
Quite a lot of nice new features. Would you also be so kind to respond to the question about an updated skin?

Also, is the big update for Admin Backups with direct tarring of mail data scheduled for 1.51?

A new skin is in the works. There is a very small screenshot of it on the new website that is about ready to go into testing. Look for an announcement soon :)

Ah yes, the direct email tar. I might try and take a quick look at that to see if we can squeeze it in to 1.50.0, as it would be quite worthwhile.
May bump the release of 1.50.0 a few days, depending on how that goes.

John

Very good update, As we can see, DA already working perfect. but if can add other functions like online Shopping cart system etc. i am sure customer can pay adition fee for DA. and this also will increase the sales

Br.,

Dauser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back