DirectAdmin 1.59.4 has been released

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

DirectAdmin 1.59.4 has been released.

This is a bug-fix release to fix a few things and help remove confusion in other areas.
All changes are listed on the versions page:
https://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.594000

Sudden Reseller Bandwidth increase:
If you noticed a spike in Reseller Bandwith, this is related to a recent fix in DA 1.59.
However, there are 2 scenarios in the amount of that spike.
If you are or were using OpenLiteSpeed, there used to be a bug where it would log incorrect data to the bandwidth count.
DA has extra checks to filter that out, but some Users may have had higher than expected data.
This logging should be solved a while ago, but the Reseller BW spike relates to DA now counting old User bandwidth which were deleted within the month.
A smaller spike might be correct, in that that Users BW used is now counted as it should be.
But a higher spike falls in that same category, but could be showing the very high usage as counted by the bad bw logged from the OLS bug in the past.

More info on what to check is listed here:
https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=59281&p=303471#post303471

If you're unsure what to do, and simply don't care about any deleted User data, simply kill all "old deleted User bandwidth" data and run the bw tally, eg:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
rm -f data/users/*/bandwidth.reseller.tally
echo 'action=bandwidthtally&value=all' >> data/task.queue; ./dataskq d432
which would bring you back to your previous total, BUT might be wrong count, lower than it should be, if you were never using OLS.. but just deletes that previous BW anyway.

Other changes:

Bugfixes:

Sorry for the larger than normal number of releases, but we feel it's better to fix and get things out :)

John

Thanks I also notice with OLS but when we move to nginx_apache it fixed the issue, i thought it some temporary bug, and happy to see more and more features add into DA :)

I don't understand why users have to go to Mysql Management and click on PHPMyAdmin icon instead of directly using the PHPMyAdmin icon on main panel (like cPanel, interworx, plesk, among other panels), it makes it more confusing for users, I mean it's OK if it's in both ways, having the PHPmyAdmin access icon in Mysql Management because it's related but not using the main PHPMyAdmin icon to autoaccess all databases seems confusing to me and a waste of time, mostly because people moving from cPanel just click on the main icon on main control panel and that's it.

I don't understand why users have to go to Mysql Management and click on PHPMyAdmin icon instead of directly using the PHPMyAdmin icon on main panel (like cPanel, interworx, plesk, among other panels), it makes it more confusing for users, I mean it's OK if it's in both ways, having the PHPmyAdmin access icon in Mysql Management because it's related but not using the main PHPMyAdmin icon to autoaccess all databases seems confusing to me and a waste of time, mostly because people moving from cPanel just click on the main icon on main control panel and that's it.

Clicking on phpMyAdmin should auto-login you there, is single-sign-on is enabled.

PHPMyAdmin Link

Hi Everyone,

We have not yet switched over to the Evolution theme (which looks great btw) and are still using Enhanced. One thing we noticed after the upgrade to 1.59.4 is that the link for PHPMyAdmin is displayed as `LANG_PHPMYADMIN`. I have attached a screenshot to demonstrate.

Thanks!

Attachments

• da-phpmyadmin-link.jpg
    da-phpmyadmin-link.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 33
Hello,

DirectAdmin 1.59.4 has been released.

This is a bug-fix release to fix a few things and help remove confusion in other areas.
All changes are listed on the versions page:
https://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.594000

Sudden Reseller Bandwidth increase:
If you noticed a spike in Reseller Bandwith, this is related to a recent fix in DA 1.59.
However, there are 2 scenarios in the amount of that spike.
If you are or were using OpenLiteSpeed, there used to be a bug where it would log incorrect data to the bandwidth count.
DA has extra checks to filter that out, but some Users may have had higher than expected data.
This logging should be solved a while ago, but the Reseller BW spike relates to DA now counting old User bandwidth which were deleted within the month.
A smaller spike might be correct, in that that Users BW used is now counted as it should be.
But a higher spike falls in that same category, but could be showing the very high usage as counted by the bad bw logged from the OLS bug in the past.

More info on what to check is listed here:
https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=59281&p=303471#post303471

If you're unsure what to do, and simply don't care about any deleted User data, simply kill all "old deleted User bandwidth" data and run the bw tally, eg:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
rm -f data/users/*/bandwidth.reseller.tally
echo 'action=bandwidthtally&value=all' >> data/task.queue; ./dataskq d432
which would bring you back to your previous total, BUT might be wrong count, lower than it should be, if you were never using OLS.. but just deletes that previous BW anyway.

Other changes:

Bugfixes:

Sorry for the larger than normal number of releases, but we feel it's better to fix and get things out :)

John

Great Job. Fast respon to fix any issue and going better.

Hi Everyone,

We have not yet switched over to the Evolution theme (which looks great btw) and are still using Enhanced. One thing we noticed after the upgrade to 1.59.4 is that the link for PHPMyAdmin is displayed as `LANG_PHPMYADMIN`. I have attached a screenshot to demonstrate.

Thanks!
Please try the pre-release binaries. I do recall finding this recently, but fixed it..by re-adding the missing lang file. Likely a missed file during svn->git migration. Let us know (ticket preferred) if you run into the issue again.

John

Hi John - Thank you for the suggestion. We will try installing the pre-release binaries and submit a ticket if we notice any issues.

Not working for me

For me on old installation it not working even upgrading to 1.59.4 to enable it have to run

cd /usr/local/directadmin/
./directadmin set one_click_pma_login 1
service directadmin restart
cd custombuild
./build update
./build phpmyadmin

However for new installation it work fine.

For me on old installation it not working even upgrading to 1.59.4 to enable it have to run

However for new installation it work fine.

after doing that and then restarting DA again, it still doesn't work

If I go to user > Extra Features > PHPmyAdmin I need to place the logins details. Only works if I go to Account Manager > MySQL Management > Login to phpmyadmin

One thing we noticed after the upgrade to 1.59.4 is that the link for PHPMyAdmin is displayed as `LANG_PHPMYADMIN`.
1.59.5 LANG_.. is still here.

That phpmyadmin login feature should let you auto login from user panel or you have to enter credentials at least once?

I translated the string LANG_PHPMYADMIN and put it in custom language file, value just didn't exist (/usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/enhanced/lang/en/user/db).

Thanks, I tried with phpmyadmin only - does it have to auto login when user is logged to DA panel? This way doesn't work.

Also I found this kind of problem as opportunity to change phpmyadmin default address. I just created a new symlink instead of existing one (phpMyAdmin), but it will cease to work when phpmyadmin version and folder name will change - how to automatically recreate symlink when phpmyadmin updates?

When custom pakage items avaiable in config template?

I saw this:
And this https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1978
Why custom domain item support
|CUSTOM_DOMAIN_ITEM_%s|
But custom package items just support
|PACKAGE|
I'm waiting so long for something like |CUSTOM_PACKAGE_ITEM_my_item|
Please add it :(
The 1978 feature should do that.

You do need to setup the data/admin/custom_domain_items.conf in order for the tokens to be visible in the template.

John

The 1978 feature should do that.

You do need to setup the data/admin/custom_domain_items.conf in order for the tokens to be visible in the template.

John
No I want custom package item, which force all users in a package using the setting, not per domain setting since user able to modify it.
Example I want to have package1: which allow users to access all php functions and package 2 with limited functions (some dangerous function disabled)
I have create custom package item called: secure_php, but not able to use CUSTOM_PACKAGE_ITEM_secure_php token in template, that bad, custom package item come earlier, but less useful :( pls make custom package item tokens available in config template as well

To check a literal package name, use the |PACKAGE| token. Does not need to be specific to an item within the package nor a "custom package item" feature (which is used to add more variables to a package).

For example, to change save to a custom a.log if package A is used, and b.log if any other package is used, this would be the code
Code:
|*if PACKAGE="A"|
CustomLog /path/a.log combined
|*else|
CustomLog /path/b.log combined
|*endif|
Let us know if you have any other specific scenarios you're after.

John

Back