DirectAdmin 1.62.6 has been released

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

DirectAdmin 1.62.6 has been released.
This is a hotfix release to address the "Brotoli BestSpeed" SSL compressor issue.
This compressor has been removed for now, and we'll re-add it with the new version once we have time to test it out.

To get the update, go to:
Admin Level » Licenses/Updates » Update DirectAdmin

OR just update manually, for newer versions of DA
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./getDA.sh auto

or direct from the daupdate source:

John or anyone there, can you take a look at some of my unanswered posts? I'm not asking for technical support but just a few words what is going on with this issue: https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...e-timeout-after-installing-directadmin.64346/ . I'm not sure if I need to subscribe and create a ticket to ask this kind of question. We do need more of your staff replying on this. Even the old bug I reported are ignored. Do I need to create a ticket for reporting bug ? What is your suggestion?

Last edited:
I just found bug with this new version 1.62.6:

I'm using Debian 11, after finished installation on a fresh server the directadmin.conf is missing (Previous version 1.62.5 did not have this issue)

Anyone experience this ?

Last edited:
As I understand it directadmin.conf does not contain default values, only customized values go in there. Perhaps that is why there is no directadmin.conf needed because all is default. Just my two cents.

As I understand it directadmin.conf does not contain default values, only customized values go in there. Perhaps that is why there is no directadmin.conf needed because all is default. Just my two cents.

Thanks, so I can just create a new config of directadmin.conf.

Problem or bug With modsecurity and comodowaf config after next long time no reaction white screen

Error in log
Code:
2021:08:23-08:07:09: [error] Unsolicited response received on idle HTTP channel starting with "\n"; err=<nil> source=stdlog

Problem or bug With modsecurity and comodowaf config after next long time no reaction white screen

Error in log
Code:
2021:08:23-08:07:09: [error] Unsolicited response received on idle HTTP channel starting with "\n"; err=<nil> source=stdlog
Do you get a website not found error? I've noticed when accessing the control panel, the website appears to be missing entirely (no error is generated from DirectAdmin, but is from the browser), then after a refresh, it loads up.

Do you get a website not found error? I've noticed when accessing the control panel, the website appears to be missing entirely (no error is generated from DirectAdmin, but is from the browser), then after a refresh, it loads up.
Yes this problem is still there sometimes , but with that modsecurity and comodowaf it is impossible to open / see / read the logs even if choosen only 1 line and time out 60 there then timeouts .......... :( EDIT after closing browser and wait then open and login wait about 7 second then 3lines from that log file, so no long log file but in evo doing vero long over that log....

The refresh part we see to .

( a script import from some... was running long ok that is normal , and there it did take 30 minutes before gateway error or so, i have to use that for this box with that long timeout set for migration purposes , but see not a stable new DA latest production versions box with Centos8 alma)

This is also on other box centos8 i didn't update alma, and switch to new one other hosting other network because of lacking TIME!

IPv4 and IPv6 Letencrypt SSL and DNSSEC on hostname and domains also external DNS provider

Also other BUGS, mostly Evo related. ;)

ONly one test site live , visitors ( very low) some shop databases for test install develop / migrations also almost empty or biggest now 12 MB mariadb 1.4
So should not be the problem to heavy use....

Somehow looks like sessions are going to break, in same browser then still after an hour if browser not closed, but on other browser you can reach it

Also in PHPmyadmin same behaviours! ( mysql restore in mysql manager evo doesn't do things very wel no errors saying done ,but parts missing in DB's) in PHP myadmin it works

Webpagetest the sites all A or A plus sometimes a b or c for first Byte time then about 600 to 700 ms mostly between 350 and 500 Letsencrypt SSL force SSL and redirect to non www and with private... in DA GUI panel set also dns sec.

Last edited:
Don't know this support forum or this server is on latest DA version

error for this link:

Fout tijdens het verbinden met www.forum.directadmin.com. Kan niet beveiligd communiceren met peer: geen algeme(e)n(e) versleutelingsalgoritme(n).

Foutcode: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP

So it looks like some ssl problems cyphers... ?

Sometimes browser are loosing the way ...

Same browser latest firefox other TABS i am typing in now the ssl Cypher or... for the with www. version no redirect but error

Last edited:
I think www should never be used in front of subdomains, but some people still do.

If I use a www in front of my subdomain indeed also SSL breaks and I have this error in Firefox:
Errorcode: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
which is odd, because this is a wildcard domain.

Chrome will display:
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

I think www should never be used in front of subdomains, but some people still do.

If I use a www in front of my subdomain indeed also SSL breaks and I have this error in Firefox:
Errorcode: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
which is odd, because this is a wildcard domain.

Chrome will display:
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
If used with forces ssl redirect and to non www in DA GUI settings panel then it should redirect without errors.

OYES no wild card and with external DNS services! dnssec on that domain , 100 percent website score in internet.nl

Oyea i use sub domains, never as subdomain on space in sub directory's from domain, but as separate own domains.

It does and should work i can show you some test sub domains . ;) with redirect from www. only the hsts is a problem in Directadmin to do it right for the with www. to non first https://www and then to non https:/nonwww. that problem is over a year know at DA not solved sofar.

While giving errors or other data / locations .... no good

I know it makes no sense to use but redirect should be there and no errors should be thrown.

Last edited:
Back