Directadmin autoupdate [Bug]?

Migdiradmin

Verified User
Hi, i have VPS with Centos 7 first of all this is my options in cronjob settings its the same config from DirectAdmin 1.60.1, 1.60.04, 1.6.10, 1.60.11 the updates and webapps_updates never worked, so ignored this i always have to doit manual from custombuild.

But today i received emails with information about one autoupdate from DirectAdmin 1.6.10 to 1.6.11.
1º- email -DirectAdmin 1.61.0 to 1.61.1 update is available.

2º- email -DirectAdmin has been updated

3º- email -/etc/cron.daily/custombuild:
[1mUpdating DirectAdmin(B[m

So now (1.6.10) the da_autoupdate is working wrong to wen the option is set to "no"!

directadmin_autoupdate.jpg

"updates=yes" includes DirectAdmin and webapps, as they're subsets of it.

When you say updates you are not expecting it to “update” the OS, right? It doesn’t do OS updates. Like yum,dnf, or apt. You have to do them some other way like manually, cron job or yum conf.

I have them all set to yes. Never had issue I have CentOS 7 as well. It’s been running this way since June of 2019.

When you say updates you are not expecting it to “update” the OS, right? It doesn’t do OS updates. Like yum,dnf, or apt. You have to do them some other way like manually, cron job or yum conf.

I have them all set to yes. Never had issue I have CentOS 7 as well. It’s been running this way since June of 2019.
Yes i dont expect OS updates, it seems only cpanel do that :(

But if i choose da_autoupdate to no, the directadmin update its very strange.

Humm.. Never tried no for that one.
what do you have for?

Code:
cat /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf

#CustomBuild Settings
custombuild=2.0
autover=
clean=
cleanapache=
clean_old_tarballs=
clean_old_webapps=
downloadserver=

#Advanced Settings
autoconf=
automake=
libtool=
curl=
new_pcre=

When is the last time you ran ./build all ?
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build clean     
./build clean_old_webapps
./build all
./build rewrite_confs

Humm.. Never tried no for that one.
what do you have for?

Code:
cat /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf

#CustomBuild Settings
custombuild=2.0
autover=
clean=
cleanapache=
clean_old_tarballs=
clean_old_webapps=
downloadserver=

#Advanced Settings
autoconf=
automake=
libtool=
curl=
new_pcre=

When is the last time you ran ./build all ?
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build clean    
./build clean_old_webapps
./build all
./build rewrite_confs

What mean ./build clean?
what the file is deleted by that command?

Is it Kadek? Hello,
Welcome to the forum.

The custombuild has great many resources and commands. It the go-to tool to keep DA updated. You will find documentation in several places.

It has a forum section here

The FAQ is here

There is my cheat sheet. its sort of the cliff notes of the FAQ

For your question, you can run this
6. What each option does in options.conf?
NOTE:
please use "./build opt_help full" for the latest data. To see the options without any descriptions, please use "./build opt_help".

clean: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes. Description: Cleans not needed folders in the CustomBuild directory. Folders are often left from the previous packge installations.
cleanapache: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes. Description: Removes Apache directory when the installation is finished. Takes effect only when 'clean' option is enabled.
clean_old_tarballs: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes. Description: Removes tarballs of old (unused) packages.
clean_old_webapps: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes. Description: Removes old WEB application folders from /var/www/html. Takes effect when any WEB application is installed/updated.

Is it Kadek? Hello,
Welcome to the forum.

The custombuild has great many resources and commands. It the go-to tool to keep DA updated. You will find documentation in several places.

It has a forum section here

The FAQ is here

There is my cheat sheet. its sort of the cliff notes of the FAQ

For your question, you can run this
6. What each option does in options.conf?
NOTE:
please use "./build opt_help full" for the latest data. To see the options without any descriptions, please use "./build opt_help".

clean: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes. Description: Cleans not needed folders in the CustomBuild directory. Folders are often left from the previous packge installations.
cleanapache: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes. Description: Removes Apache directory when the installation is finished. Takes effect only when 'clean' option is enabled.
clean_old_tarballs: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes. Description: Removes tarballs of old (unused) packages.
clean_old_webapps: yes, no. Current value: yes. Default value: yes. Description: Removes old WEB application folders from /var/www/html. Takes effect when any WEB application is installed/updated.

Hi, i am new in DA,
Thanks for the link for learning and practice,
The 6th point " ./build opt_help full " really help my question...
I bit worry about custombuild, because i have experience updating imagemagick for wordpress required from custombuild last month, show error... and i update manually via command line.. And the image magicx update problem fixed
But anyway... the custombuild helping to inform new version of the software,
Yet,,, little worry when update automatically from custombuild

Thanks for greeting me in this forum :)

Last edited:
Back