DirectAdmin v1.647 has been released

@SanderJ, this change affects only new sub-domains. All existing sub-domains will continue to use old subdomain document root location.

After sub-domain is created you can change its document root using GUI, but there is no option to control the default document root (for new sub-domains).

@xyntanl please open a support ticket for this issue. I would suspect some incompatibility with customizations but it is not a wide-spread problem. With support ticket we will be able to request access to the system and investigate it further.

@djcart unifying icons grid height is already in the Evo team back-log. It is not a critical issue but we expect to have fix for it soon :).

@xyntanl please open a support ticket for this issue. I would suspect some incompatibility with customizations but it is not a wide-spread problem. With support ticket we will be able to request access to the system and investigate it further.
Done,

Your Ticket has been created.

Ticket #47124

@SanderJ, this change affects only new sub-domains. All existing sub-domains will continue to use old subdomain document root location.

After sub-domain is created you can change its document root using GUI, but there is no option to control the default document root (for new sub-domains).

Is there a modify action for changing the default documentroot with the CMD_API_SUBDOMAIN, so the customer can change the docroot automatically after creating the subdomain?

Upgraded Evolution menu customizations page
After we have customized this the way we want, what file controls/saves these settings?

I ask because I want to copy those menu item settings over to other DA servers.

And big thank you to the DA team. Seriously love to see how DA has matured and grown over the years.

Cheers!

@SanderJ, you can change subdomain document root with API call:

Code:
curl -s -k "$(da api-url --user john)/CMD_SUBDOMAIN?json=yes" --data-raw '{"subdomain":"sub","public_html":"/domains/some-path","domain":"example.net","json":"yes","action":"document_root_override"}'

In this example we are changing sub.example.net owned by account john document root to be /home/john/domains/some-path.

@beansbaxter, Evolution customizations are stored in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/{user}/skin_customizations/evolution/files directory, where {user} is account that made the customizations. For example /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/skin_customizations/evolution/files for main admin account customizations. Copying this directory would be enough to completely copy all customizations.

In this example we are changing sub.example.net owned by account john document root to be /home/john/domains/some-path.

Is there also an API call to change the document root for the main domain?
Example: change /home/john/domains/maindomain.xyz/public_html to /home/john/domains/maindomain.xyz/public/web?

@apogee, unfortunately it is not possible to change document root for main domain document root (not from GUI, not via API). This is one of the areas we are looking forward to improve.

Switched to version - DirectAdmin v1.647

still see the same old design menu -
menu_old.png

I was expecting the new interface post update -

menu_new.png

Plz guide how to get the new menu, tried to reset the menu also but no luck.

Last edited:
Evolution skin: no option for choosing domains for deleting in DNS Management?

Changing server IP by /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/ipswap.sh old-ip-here new-ip-here
After changing, admin Show All Users still shows the old IP in the IP column. While going to each user, the new IP appears there.

Changing server IP by /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/ipswap.sh old-ip-here new-ip-here
After changing, admin Show All Users still shows the old IP in the IP column. While going to each user, the new IP appears there.
It looks like cache somewhere. After a while, the new IP appears in Show All Users screen.

Back