DirectSlave - solution to add and remove zones on slave without DirectAdmin

Have a look if line 109 looks like this:
Code:
    if(!defined($query->{param}{zone})) { $query->{param}{zone} = '';

Maybe you got this part:
Code:
$query->{param}{zone} = '';
on the next line?

If not, did you downloaded the latest version? Because there were some changes made to the binarie in march.

Oh that's odd, this should be in fact diretslave-1.3.tar.gz but that's not present. I will try to mail Roman and tell him that the old version is online and still has problems.

Do you get any errors when doing a manual rndc reload?
Code:
rndc reload

Oke then I'm not sure why the DB files are not filling.
I presume you have adjusted your named.conf on the client server like this?
Code:
        allow-transfer { ip.of.your.masterserver; };
in the options section and also:
Code:
include "/etc/secondary/named.conf";
this last line should be the directslave named.conf where you pointed to in your directslave.conf.

I also send a pm to Roman pointing him to the fact that version 1.3 is not online yet.

Got it working now. But just like the other guy it got problems with the .db files. If i restart named it works. Seems like i need version 1.3.

If it works after you start rename, then the line about reloading rndc in the binarie is not correct. See my reply #57 in this thread how this should look.

I just got a mail from Roman (the author) that he's almost ready with the newest version and he will release it on the forum this evening.

Hello everyone!

Just released a new version. See top of post.

> If i restart named it works.

Yes, you must restart named for the first time when directslave initially installed and configured. This is because named by itself must rereads his config files to include directslave secondary config file.

I am looking for someone who can Install DirectSlave on my VPS.
Im not experienced enough with Perl and more to install it (get a lot of errors).

Please contact me.

What OS are you using?

Me and other people here offer those kind of services as payd services.

If interested feel free to contact me for a quote.

Regards

I am using CentOS 6.
The errors are solved, Im trying it further now.

I'll contact you if I won't succeed.

What OS are you using?

Me and other people here offer those kind of services as payd services.

If interested feel free to contact me for a quote.

Regards

You might have to use this command on your master server (and wait a few minutes after that):
Code:
echo "action=rewrite&value=named" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Also be sure that your /etc/secondary directory on your slave server is owned by named:
Code:
chown named:named /etc/secondary -R
chmod 755 /etc/secondary

Yep that also oke, it depends on the directory you are using. Since /var/named is use by named itself, I used the example stated in the documentation.
Glad to hear that it works now.:)

I'm seriously considering dropping support for my Master2Slave DNS Replicator and instead using DirecTadmin's Multi-Server Option and DirectSlave on slave. If you've got any suggestions or comments pro or con, I'd like to read them, so please feel free to post.

Thanks.

Jeff

The only con ive found since now, and the only reason im not using it yet, is for the multiple users function.

Would be pretty nice to have ability to use different login data for different customers (as for DA LoginKey function).

Regards

Back