Disable User Access Level for certain users (resellers)

sparek

Verified User
Is it possible to disable the user panel completely for a user? So that when a reseller logs into their panel they only see their reseller panel.

For us, we set up resellers with a mock domain for their reseller account and then all of their accounts are listed under that reseller. There's really no need for the reseller account to have a user panel because it's not designed to be used for anything other than being the point for a reseller to create and manage their resold accounts.

It would be helpful for me if such users never saw the User Panel when they logged in and only saw their reseller panel.

I suppose I could cripple the User Panel with a lot of commands in the user's command.deny file or customizing their menu-v2.json file, but that seems like a lot of work and would depend on me knowing all of the stuff to explicitly disable. I thought there might be a way to do this that I'm not aware of.

Barring a better solution, you can remove all of the icons from the User Access Panel for a reseller (or any user for that matter) by customizing the /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/%user%/skin_customizations/evolution/files/menu-v2.json file to include:

Code:
{
    "user": {
        "updates": {
            "categories": {
                "account-manager": {
                    "enabled": false
                },
                "email-manager": {
                },
                "advanced-features": {
                },
                "system-information": {
                },
                "extra-features": {
                },
                "support-help": {
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Effectively disabling all of the categories list. I suppose the downside here is that if another category is ever developed then it would also have to be disabled here.

Ideally, I'd still prefer the ability to turn off the User Access Level for %user% but I can probably make this above solution work if I have to.

Back