Email is not delivered - I see <mail-id> re-exec of exim (/usr/sbin/exim) with -Mc failed: No such file or directory

admin0

Verified User
Hi,

When an email is sent to a certain mailbox, it is not delivered. The mailbox etc is there, but I see something like this in the logs

020-05-20 16:56:20 1jbQ8q-0006Hm-JR <= [email protected] H=mail-vk1-f171.google.com [209.85.221.171] P=esmtps X=TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=no S=2529 id=CAKPNLa6YTPhvhtogT-y-d+1V7xUBum4gVDjSSC8Z0j9oH0j2hA@mail.gmail.com T="test" from <[email protected]> for [email protected]
2020-05-20 16:56:20 1jbQ8q-0006Hm-JR re-exec of exim (/usr/sbin/exim) with -Mc failed: No such file or directory
2020-05-20 17:12:35 re-exec of exim (/usr/sbin/exim) with -q failed: No such file or directory

Interesting. I'd doubt that /usr/sbin/exim is missing so it seems that exim isn't providing enough detail to know exactly what it's claiming is missing. Can't hurt to try rebuilding exim maybe:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build exim
./build exim_conf

Maybe also make sure that email account has a folder present at /home/username/imap/localdomain.com/info.

# cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
# ./build exim
You cannot update Exim configuration files, because you do not have it set in options.conf file.

I see the maildirs
ls -al /home/username/imap/domain.com/info/Maildir/
-> cur new tmp etc -- but no email gets delivered to new ..

# which exim
# /usr/bin/which: no exim in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)

modify /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf
#Mail options
exim=yes
and
./build update
./build exim
./build exim_conf

How old is the server? Weird exim would just disappear.

in the same options.conf you might make sure you have the latest exim_conf 4.5 listed.

Back