Email Level Plugin

As a dirty fix change version 1.7 to 1.6 in the plugin.conf (only in a text file), and it does not downgrade the plugin.

or update the following variable to empty

Code:
update_url=
version_url=

As a dirty fix change version 1.7 to 1.6 in the plugin.conf (only in a text file), and it does not downgrade the plugin.

or update the following variable to empty

Code:
update_url=
version_url=

I installed 1.7 on latest DirectAdmin RC today, and everything appears working, version looks fine.

However...when I go to User level, click on the new icon, it loads the top part (DA Logo) but inside it goes to 404 error on:

https://server:2222/CMD_PLUGINS/email_level?domain=userdomain.net

404 Error BACK TO HOMEPAGE
Sorry, but the page you are looking for can't be found.

This is an email user that existed before Email level plugin was installed. I can login to it on Roundcube (/webmail) and see the email is working fine, but Email Level icon returns no results for the user.

Any thoughts? I did notice it installed as... directadmin/plugins/email_level-1 I wasn't sure if that -1 was proper or not since the URL above doesn't have the dash one.

So digging a bit further, when I go to the URL as email_level-1 it loads some form fields and text, but broken CSS / looks funny. I do not believe I previously installed email_level on here, so I wonder what I missed to where it email_level-1 instead of email_level.

Can I simply mv it and reload directadmin?

When I go ahead and mv the email_level-1 email_level just being curious, the icon then goes directly to the install page (with a form field default of domain.com "email"), but it's still broken looking, CSS looks weird and it complains about domain not being valid. I'll move it back to -1 and await feedback.

I just learned this plugin existed today.

As version 1.7 is from year 2017 and is marked as "in testing": https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=22715 I would personally not use this plugin. I would not expect it to be stable.

If you still have problems after removing the plugin, I would suggest opening a ticket at tickets.directadmin.com - at the same time you could ask them if this plugin is still supported, and if they are going to make a stable version?

As version 1.7 is from year 2017 and is marked as "in testing": https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=22715 I would personally not use this plugin. I would not expect it to be stable.

If you still have problems after removing the plugin, I would suggest opening a ticket at tickets.directadmin.com - at the same time you could ask them if this plugin is still supported, and if they are going to make a stable version?

Does that mean v1.6 is stable, or is this software not being developed anymore? I see it was featured on the DirectAdmin website and figured if it survived the website redesign it was still an important tool being used.

Hi there,

I too have interest in the functions this plugin would provide. It does not work currently (on DA 1.575, using Evolution theme). I'll investigate the code a little, but I'm fairly new to DA and have a ton of accounts to migrate still.

Michael
Simplificare

Hi there,

I too have interest in the functions this plugin would provide. It does not work currently (on DA 1.575, using Evolution theme). I'll investigate the code a little, but I'm fairly new to DA and have a ton of accounts to migrate still.

Michael
Simplificare

Looks like the plugin still works. The user level installer doesn't report that the files were installed and in Evolution an error message flashes then disappears so fast I can't read it.

In any case, I've modified some of the code to suit my needs a little better.

• Updated the Roundcube Logo
  • Fixed the day and month bug in vacation responders
  • Made the year more dynamic (based on server date, last year and +5 years) in vacation responders
  • Hid "http" at the user level install screen, because of this: forced use of SSL in the user config.php include
  • Updated the readable_byte function to output a little cleaner
  • Default disabled SquirrelMail and Uebimiau webmail in the user interface via user config.php include

Note: I didn't fix the user level installer, it will still report an error and look like it didn't install.

You can get the code here: https://bitbucket.org/simplificare/email_level/src/master/

Michael
Simplificare

Curious if this is a plugin that people want? I’ve made some further improvements on my variant of the script. It is all posted to the repository above.

I’ve further improved the plugin by creating a custom webapp alias so there’s only one installation located in ‘/var/www/html’ and no longer requires the user to install at the user level. (This isn’t in the repository yet but can be done manually.)

If there is interest in this, I’ll continue work on the script so it can be easily installed.

Let me know!

Hi Michael,

I'm definitely using it and was actually hoping that the feature would already be built into DA after all the years.

I'm planning a migration from some very old servers with some accounts hosting more than 500 emails and I don't believe it's possible for one person to manage it all. I appreciate that you're keeping the work alive.

Note: When I installed the plugin I noticed it says "Simplificare Hosting and Solutions" in a greeting like title. Not sure if that's meant to be replaced? I would be happy to give all the credits but don't want my clients to think their hosting provider has changed.

Thanks,
Engin

I'm also using it and I'm happy with the updates. Even the 2.0 update you pushed today.
However, in my opinion the dashboard doesn't look too good (design wise). Also I want some users to have all abilities while others are only allowed to set a vacation/away message. So changing passwords is not permitted thus the contract with this specific client. There is no option for that in this dashboard.

All this made me realize, maybe it's better to make myself a simple dashboard. I do appreciate your effort though!! You're one of the few that pushes updates so much.

Note: When I installed the plugin I noticed it says "Simplificare Hosting and Solutions" in a greeting like title. Not sure if that's meant to be replaced? I would be happy to give all the credits but don't want my clients to think their hosting provider has changed.

You can update both the Org name in the header and logo on the sign in page in the <pluginroot>/data/includes/config folder. (Image is saved at <pluginroot>/data/images).

I'm also using it and I'm happy with the updates. Even the 2.0 update you pushed today.
However, in my opinion the dashboard doesn't look too good (design wise). Also I want some users to have all abilities while others are only allowed to set a vacation/away message. So changing passwords is not permitted thus the contract with this specific client. There is no option for that in this dashboard.

All this made me realize, maybe it's better to make myself a simple dashboard. I do appreciate your effort though!! You're one of the few that pushes updates so much.

I'm open to suggestions for the design of the dashboard. My biggest thing was moving it to Bootstrap to make it more responsive, since the original looked like it was written in 1999. :p -- You can always fork and modify the design as you see fit!

I'm not familiar enough with the base plugin / DA to know if limiting users like that is even possible. I've only just started using it myself. I suppose if you continued using the plugin on a per account basis (rather than using it like a webapp) that we could create a variable in config that allows you to turn off certain elements and remove them from the pages. (ie. disable password changes). Interesting idea!

@simplificare Thanks a lot for this plugin update and maintenance!
Exactly what I needed. I was the first to claim my last name as a domain. And the family is growing and so I can give all my nephews, uncles and anyone sharing the same last name an email address they can control themselves without the need to give them server access.

SUPERB!

@simplificare Thanks a lot for this plugin update and maintenance!
Exactly what I needed. I was the first to claim my last name as a domain. And the family is growing and so I can give all my nephews, uncles and anyone sharing the same last name an email address they can control themselves without the need to give them server access.

SUPERB!
Glad you like it. If I had more time, I’d update it to include SSO to Roundcube among a few other things.

We installed this and it worked fine for a couple of weeks. Now it just doesn't let users log in.
Is this being updated?

The DirectAdmin version is unmaintained and has been for years.

there was a 3rd party person that updated it but that’s been a year ago or more.

I pushed the updated files to the bitbucket repo but haven’t updated the plugin package yet. I’ll do that today. :)

In case anyone was wondering, I finally updated the plugin package. Sorry for the delay!
Thanks a lot for keeping the plug-in active. Noticed the update is out, but after updating it still shows version 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 available for upgrade.

Back