Errors on fresh DA install with mariadb

Richard G

Verified User
For a friend I'm installing a VPS with DA.

Fresh installation done. The editted the options.conf and changed mariadb to 10.2 and mysql_inst to mariadb.
Then did ./build update and the ./build update_versions command.

It looked fine in the beginning but then:
Code:
sys.x$memory_by_host_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_host_by_event_name' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_by_host_by_current_bytes' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
error    : Corrupt
sys.x$memory_by_thread_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_thread_by_event_name' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_by_thread_by_current_bytes' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
sys.x$memory_by_user_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_user_by_event_name' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_by_user_by_current_bytes' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
sys.x$memory_global_by_current_bytes
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_global_by_event_name' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_global_by_current_bytes' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
sys.x$memory_global_total
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_global_by_event_name' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$memory_global_total' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
sys.x$processlist
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.events_transactions_current' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$processlist' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
sys.x$ps_digest_95th_percentile_by_avg_us          OK
sys.x$ps_digest_avg_latency_distribution           OK
sys.x$ps_schema_table_statistics_io
Error    : Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted
sys.x$schema_flattened_keys                        OK
sys.x$schema_index_statistics                      OK
sys.x$schema_table_lock_waits
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.metadata_locks' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$schema_table_lock_waits' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
sys.x$schema_table_statistics
sys.x$schema_table_statistics_with_buffer
sys.x$schema_tables_with_full_table_scans          OK
sys.x$session
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.events_transactions_current' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$session' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
sys.x$statement_analysis                           OK
sys.x$statements_with_errors_or_warnings           OK
sys.x$statements_with_full_table_scans             OK
sys.x$statements_with_runtimes_in_95th_percentile  OK
sys.x$statements_with_sorting                      OK
sys.x$statements_with_temp_tables                  OK
sys.x$user_summary
Error    : Table 'performance_schema.memory_summary_by_user_by_event_name' doesn't exist
Error    : View 'sys.x$user_summary' references invalid table(s) or column(s) or function(s) or definer/invoker of view lack rights to use them
sys.x$user_summary_by_file_io                      OK
Bunch of errors. I know I can probably ignore the "performance_scheme" errors.
But what about the users? user_summary and "sys.x$session" and stuff?
Cannot load mysql.proc?

Is this a bug or can this be ignored or why is this happening?
P.s. it's a personal license, but this should not be a problem correct?

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
I guess you’re trying to downgrade MySQL 5.7 to MariaDB 10.2?

Richard G

Verified User
Downgrade? Last time I was told that mysql 5.7 should be converted to MariaDB 10.2. So it's not a downgrade but a conversion, correct? How would this be a downgrade?

Mysql 5.7 is installed by default on a fresh installation. I did nothing else yet and just want to change this to MariaDB 10.2. So I tried this way. Worked last time.
Should this be done anoter way then on fresh installations?

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
If it’s a new install, try stoping mysql, renaming data directory and running “./build mariadb” then.

Richard G

Verified User
Hmmz. I thought in a support ticket last year you told me that you had adjusted the conversion so msyql would be stopped when converting, especially for people with memory leaks like me. :)

Stopped now first and it looks fine, except for this:
Consider joining MariaDB's strong and vibrant community:
https://mariadb.org/get-involved/

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Restarting MySQL.
Installation completed.
I presume this can be ignored because I can access with the password in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf as root?

Just for feature references, the installation script only asked me for apache, php and mod_ruid. Is there an easy way to just intall Mariadb from scratch of the installation?
Or do I have to push the N for No in the beginning and select everything then?

SmallWeb

Verified User
Hmmz. I thought in a support ticket last year you told me that you had adjusted the conversion so msyql would be stopped when converting, especially for people with memory leaks like me. :)

Stopped now first and it looks fine, except for this:

I presume this can be ignored because I can access with the password in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf as root?

Just for feature references, the installation script only asked me for apache, php and mod_ruid. Is there an easy way to just intall Mariadb from scratch of the installation?

Recommends editing the config mid-install prompt.

ditto

Verified User
I would just do this. Few months ago when I setup two new CentOS 8 servers, I was given choise to install MariaDB, so I did not need to change it afterwards. Much better to select everything, then you have much more control from the beginning.

By the way, I don't like that DirectAdmin has changed the default to be MySQL, but I guess they did it because of all the cPanel admins wich still was running MySQL. I think DirectAdmin should set MariaDB back to be the default selected in the installer, and with that support the true open source database solution, and not the big capitalistic Oracle wich operate in the grey zone of the open source market.

Last edited:

Richard G

Verified User
I pushed then N in the past, worked great, but I got a bit confused because mariadb was default and in the short list only apache/php7.2/modruid2 was mentioned. Thought I might get the mysql choice later on.

I don't like that DirectAdmin has changed the default to be MySQL,
That was for a very short time indeed, because the default always was Mysql before. Could indeed be put back to Mysql for the cPanel admins.
Might indeed be better to put it back to MariaDB again.