fed up designing a billing system

Let's take a try at resolving the confusion.

No user named ubersmith has posted anything to this thread.

ubersmith.com is the website for the control panel user empoweri recommended.

The website indicates only that it is integrated with CPanel.

I have no idea if it is integrated with DirectAdmin or not; you'd have to ask the publishers.

Jeff

jlasman said:
Let's take a try at resolving the confusion.

No user named ubersmith has posted anything to this thread.

ubersmith.com is the website for the control panel user empoweri recommended.

The website indicates only that it is integrated with CPanel.

I have no idea if it is integrated with DirectAdmin or not; you'd have to ask the publishers.

Jeff

So why would someone recommend a product to us that doesn't even work with the software we use?

Perhaps he thought it did.

My understanding is that this is a discussion.

So far nothing in the discussion has been offtopic except your continued assertations that someone is posting spam.

If anyone believes a post is spam, please report it.

Jeff

The hardest part is credit card compliance.

I can't speak for the rest of the industry, but there's a PDF on what you have to do in the U.S. before you can accept and process credit card payments in the U.S.
here.

ModernBill, BluePay, etc., spend a lot of money every year to meet these requirements (note that they're requirements, and not just guidelines).

Jeff

matthewventura said:
Does ubersmuth work with DA?

If they don't reply then its an advertisement most likely. It's just interesting to notice it. I'm not saying you should remove it, just making a note of it.

I think someone needs to take posting a little less seriously.....

To clear up the smoke in this thread.

NO it was not an advertisement. I do NOT work for ubersmith. Just a happy customer.

and NO it doesn't directly work with DA BUT it IS much better than Modern Bill. Most of the grief is from Modern Bill because it hard to use and often buggy. Who wants that with a billing system? IMHO most of the billing systems described here are pretty much a joke.

This NOT to say you can and could intergrate ubersmith to automate tasks with DA.

The local install now available should open up more possiblities. You may want to contact the developer of ubersmith to express intergration with DA. Currently it only supports Cpanel.

Last edited:
quackweb said:
I agree, we use MB and it's a pain in the butt sometimes and breaks frequently for some very odd reason. It's too expensive to buy and once you buy it, you have to renew your "support license" to get upgrades. Plus it has NO support for dedicated servers/colocation accounts.

Hopefully we will be making our own billing system soon as most on the market just don't cater to our needs. If you do decide to go forth and build the biling system for mass production, let us know!

That's where NOCManager comes into play. It's an extra piece of software capable of managing both dedicated as colocation accounts. Works fine with ModernBill, in fact, you will need ModernBill if you want to use NOCManager.

http://www.nocmanager.net/

Never seen that before, at first I thought you were referring to NOC Wizard (which is the worst management suite ever built). Has anyone had any experience with NOC Manager? If so what did they think? We'll be trying the demo later this week.

getUP,

Our biggest needs are:

a) be able to consolidate charges on anniversary date accounts as well as on month-end accounts.

b) be able to add charges manually either for hours or by other criteria.

Can NOCmanager do these?

Jeff

Greetings,

I have been using AWBS for a few years now. Initially, I started with WhoisCart, tested MB and a slew of others. MB is quite a big application and can do quite a bit. We were not sold onthe user interface and it seemed it took a long time to navigate through the tool due to slow load times. For us, it was just too much application for what we needed.
AWBS have grown into quite a nice tool. Although there are a lot of features, it is not bogged down and runs at a decent pace. No complaints from me. You can get the product by buying the license outright or leasing. We started with leasing.
For us, there were 2 primary components that sold us. First, our users claim the user control panel is easy to use and second, it comes with several web skins for the front end. You could look at this as a turn-key solution. We have built our own skins and menu system without too much trouble.

If there is any components that I am not crazy about it would be the long delay in getting DA API interface for disk use computations. This has never been an issue for us so we don't press the issue that much.
Fpr domain services, AWBS has good integration with Enom. The domain services are a bit lacking for directI but we just provided them the new API's (updated 10Jan) and they said they will start looking into it.
The last item we would like to get integrated is free domain renewal for anual account renewals. Currently, it allows free domain at first registration but not permanently. I don't know if or when a permanent free domain name will come available. There are adequate billing options, to include add-ons etc. We are happy with the ease of setting up the account options. Coupons are great...no problems there.
AWBS continues to improve their product and have recently been including more options. For example, if you want to use the built in help desk you can or you can enable Kayako.
The forum is quite active and we have never had a support problem. When we have used support, they have been to the rescue. I guess it is another reason we still use the product.

Hope this info is helpful in making your decision...

datawebcorp said:
GXX,

After seeing your post, I took a good look at AWBS. It seems nice. Inexpensive too.

Do you use it? What do you like/dis-like? If you're familiar w/ModernBill, how would you compare the two?

TIA.

jechilt said:
Greetings,

I have been using AWBS for a few years now. Initially, I started with WhoisCart, tested MB and a slew of others. MB is quite a big application and can do quite a bit. We were not sold onthe user interface and it seemed it took a long time to navigate through the tool due to slow load times. For us, it was just too much application for what we needed.
AWBS have grown into quite a nice tool. Although there are a lot of features, it is not bogged down and runs at a decent pace. No complaints from me. You can get the product by buying the license outright or leasing. We started with leasing.
For us, there were 2 primary components that sold us. First, our users claim the user control panel is easy to use and second, it comes with several web skins for the front end. You could look at this as a turn-key solution. We have built our own skins and menu system without too much trouble.

If there is any components that I am not crazy about it would be the long delay in getting DA API interface for disk use computations. This has never been an issue for us so we don't press the issue that much.
Fpr domain services, AWBS has good integration with Enom. The domain services are a bit lacking for directI but we just provided them the new API's (updated 10Jan) and they said they will start looking into it.
The last item we would like to get integrated is free domain renewal for anual account renewals. Currently, it allows free domain at first registration but not permanently. I don't know if or when a permanent free domain name will come available. There are adequate billing options, to include add-ons etc. We are happy with the ease of setting up the account options. Coupons are great...no problems there.
AWBS continues to improve their product and have recently been including more options. For example, if you want to use the built in help desk you can or you can enable Kayako.
The forum is quite active and we have never had a support problem. When we have used support, they have been to the rescue. I guess it is another reason we still use the product.

Hope this info is helpful in making your decision...

jechilt,

I am also considering using AWBS and I am just wondering if you are able to automatically bill bandwidth overage?

Regards,

Anthony

not with DA that I am aware of...
We have not had an issue with this so it has not been a major issue for us. I will look in the AWBS forums and see if there is any comment on this.

I tried AWBS, it was horrible... main problems:

1). You are forced to build your site around their template.

2). Full of bugs.

3). Bad support.

4). No refunds if it doesn't work out.

Back