Frustrations...

Marque DeWinter

Verified User
I'm starting to realize that one of my biggest problems is that throught he skins interface alot fo the functionality is not available to the admin user. For instance I just spent an hour trying to find where in the world the MySQL Management link was...I only found it when I logged into another reseller account and they had it available. The admin reseller user is missing alot of functionality which to me makes no sense. The admin should have ALL functionality but then again I still can't get it to be associated with the server's site.

Anyone have any suggestions???

~Marque

Debating wether to keep DA or try something else.

Did you use www as your server hostname? The DA installation instructions warn against that.

Jeff

No. I want the default site to be www but not the server's hostname.

So let me recap...again.

if the server is
hostname.example.com

you cannot access the site through the admin at the user level, the reseller leve, or the admin level. When you sftp/ftp and use the admin login you don't end up in a directory that is for the default site. You can't modify through the DA interface to add a subdomain of www because you can't do anything with the domain name (example.com) because its already in use. The MySQL management doesn't show under the user level for the admin because there aren't any domains and you can't add example.com

~marque

I'm not sure why you're having the problem.

All my DA systems are named as hostname.ns-one.net.

Yet we had no problem setting up a site for www.ns-one.net on one of those servers.

I believe I recall John telling me that DA determines if a site already exists by looking for the DNS file.

Have you tried deleting /var/named/example.com.db ?

(If you delete it be sure to keep records of anything you may need to add/change later after you've built the site.)

Jeff

Tried it...it didn't work. When I went to add the domain under the user level for the admin it still tells me that the domain exists.

~marque

Try removing the domain your trying to add from the admin config files in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin

I think its in the domains directory and in the domain.list file.
Once you remove the domain your trying to add it should work, it did for me when I restored the admin account on a new server.

Back