Solved FYI: Missing dot in tlsa.sh

sysdev

Verified User
In the tlsa.sh script a dot is missing in the generation of the _25._tcp.mail.domain.com record in the "." check at line 168

HOST_TLSA="_25._tcp.${DOMAIN}"

should be

HOST_TLSA="_25._tcp.${DOMAIN}."

In the tlsa.sh script a dot is missing in the generation of the _25._tcp.mail.domain.com record in the "." check at line 168

HOST_TLSA="_25._tcp.${DOMAIN}"

should be

HOST_TLSA="_25._tcp.${DOMAIN}."
I don't see it there. It might be an old (already fixed) bug. Are you running pre-release? I see modify date of "2020-10-03 02:17:53" (this is after latest stable).

Nope, no prerelease. Fully up2date afaik. It say's version 0.2.

Date is: Sep 27 10:26 tlsa.sh.

But on another server I have a slightly different date: 'Sep 29 23:06'

So, it might have been fixed between those dates. But now I wonder why the first never got updated...

Mine also say version 0.2 but I do have the dot present.
On both Centos 7 servers the date is Sep 27. On the Centos 8 server it's september 29th.
I always update servers the same night.

Indeed odd that your first did not get updated.

Are you using a good download server in options.conf.
Try
./build set_fastest

Alto to the 3rd party mirrors are not used anymore.

Yups, I did.

But today I get a message 'All TLSA RRs failed', while the records are all signed. I'm not sure why but TLSA seems to miss something.

I don't see it there. It might be an old (already fixed) bug. Are you running pre-release? I see modify date of "2020-10-03 02:17:53" (this is after latest stable).
Just noticed that at line 182 the dot is also missing. Might be fixed already.

No that one seems not fixed yet, if a trailing dot is required at the end. This is line 182 on both my Centos 7 and 8 servers.
Code:
MXREC="${MXREC}.${DOMAIN}"

Back