have Full system backup , but no Full system restore ?

hkivan

Verified User
have Full system backup , but no Full system restore ?

Then how can it work ...

I am so confuse :confused: :confused: on it .

:( : It is very difficult to test the new function of directadmin ......

outpernet said:
interested in knowing how we can do a full restore too...

if you're talking about restoring of all user's account, it's easy, ust that you must have a copy of all the user's tar.gz files create using DA's backup function either on the hdd or on another hdd if the primary hdd crashes, you can still do a copy, back to your servr's hdd.

Worse case scenerio. Your server hdd crash, you do have a backup of all the tar.gz files.

1. Reinstall Redhat or whatever OS you were using with DA (fedora etc)

2. Copy and paste all tar.gz files back to /home/admin/user_backups/

3. Use DA's restore function, check all accounts you want restore.

Enjoy!

hi,
I select all folders and files which are present in "FULL SYSTEM BACKUP" menue.
after OS and DA Reinstall, do I need to create Admins and Resellers via DA and create packages, and then restore files?
or by restorring all users, resellers, will remain reseller and their packages brings back?

Regards
Hassan

Currently there is no full system restore option, the restore would be done manually.

There is proper backup/restore working for user accounts in the reseller panel.

It looks good and I want to try it when I have the time.

But I presume this limits you to an exact image backup/restore.

Including the OS, the software, the IP#s, the license(s), etc.

Am I correct?

Thanks.

Jeff

Yes, the default command makes an exact copy of your hard disk,
you can also tell systemimager to exclude certain files / directories.

Thanks.

I really do want to look into this at some point.

That said, the sysbk (system backup included in DA) works for us because 99% of the time we have to do complete restore and we know how to do that quickly, but the few times we need to do a partial restore, or restore two systems to one (for example), we can do it with the sysbk backups and a little common sense.

Jeff

can it be used when theres only a single machine in use? seems to me i need a server and client

You can backup to the same machine you're on, or to an ftp account anywhere else.

Of course backing up on your own server means that if your hardware fails you don't have a backup.

You can restore a single file, or several files, from a backup on the same server, but if you're going to do a complete system restore, then obviously you've got have a copy somewhere else to restore from.

Jeff

in the docu i can only find stuff about the image server and seperate golden client..

have you installed and tried the software?

Back