How-to: cPanel to DA migration

Im getting "The file must be of the form: type.creator.username.tar.gz" at Admin tools >>>admin backup/transfer >>>restore.

Opened up a ticket regarding this but the response is very slow, trying to get this completed today so I dont have to pay another month of cPanel + my old server.

Has it been replied?

So if i rename the gzip and upload then it won't work, but is there a easier way if i want to transfer big regular account from cpanel to DA? Especially maildir which is huge. Only way i know is to manually drag and drop email with thunderbird from one server to another.

Also why is the regular user backup contents different than created by the "/scripts/pkgacct username" command because regular user backup is created by the same function in cpanel. @smtalk, is there a change you can make this work at all? Big Thanks!

So if i rename the gzip and upload then it won't work, but is there a easier way if i want to transfer big regular account from cpanel to DA? Especially maildir which is huge. Only way i know is to manually drag and drop email with thunderbird from one server to another.

Also why is the regular user backup contents different than created by the "/scripts/pkgacct username" command because regular user backup is created by the same function in cpanel. @smtalk, is there a change you can make this work at all? Big Thanks!

I moved all my cPanel accounts to DA using the regular ‘full’ backup in cPanel then renamed the files. It worked fine. I also used scp to transfer the larger accounts directly from server to server rather than to download from the old server to my computer the upload from my computer to the new server. This was much faster.

Really? That's very good news. I am surprised, he just said that it wont work. @smtalk can you please clarify? Thanks.

Really? That's very good news. I am surprised, he just said that it wont work. @smtalk can you please clarify? Thanks.

I said that filenames other than cpmove-username.tar.gz will not work, because if you try restoring file having username.tar.gz, DA will expect to find DirectAdmin-format inside :)

I receive this error

https://pastebin.com/raw/kTBEu7C6

Two point here
1. Because in the UTF database I have two tables that are latin1_swedish_ci it is not transfering
2. Both vps the previous one and directadmin are in openvz so that might be the reason of quota issue

Last edited:
Cloudlinux

First of all thanks to the DA staff for putting so much effort in this feature, it is very much appreciated.

I did a few tests and it seem to go pretty well but I was wondering if someone has experience with a conversion from Cpanel to DA on Cloudlinux.
If I restore a account from Cpanel running Cloudlinux to DA it restores also the Cloudlinux folders like .cagefs I want my DA also running on Cloudlinux but what would be the best way to go forward? First restore the account and manually remove the clutter I have from Cpanel and Cloudlinux folders and after that convert the DA server to Cloudlinux or have DA already on Cloudlinux en rebuild Cagefs to correct the structure?

Thanks Rob

I receive this error

https://pastebin.com/raw/kTBEu7C6

Two point here
1. Because in the UTF database I have two tables that are latin1_swedish_ci it is not transfering
2. Both vps the previous one and directadmin are in openvz so that might be the reason of quota issue

1. Your version of MySQL is likely different (older) on DA system, than the system you're migrating from.
2. Likely, but you may ask your VPS provider to enable quotas for you.

First of all thanks to the DA staff for putting so much effort in this feature, it is very much appreciated.

I did a few tests and it seem to go pretty well but I was wondering if someone has experience with a conversion from Cpanel to DA on Cloudlinux.
If I restore a account from Cpanel running Cloudlinux to DA it restores also the Cloudlinux folders like .cagefs I want my DA also running on Cloudlinux but what would be the best way to go forward? First restore the account

Thanks Rob

Prepare the server first ... I did some migrations from cPanel Cloud Linux to DA CloudLinux... it just works even it do not have 16 times the details :cool:

Your version of MySQL is likely different (older) on DA system, than the system you're migrating from.

No

Directadmin

mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 5.5.60-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

Cpanel
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.45, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper

So cpanel is older . Do you mean for migration to work both need to be same?

Hello,

On migrations there are too many "Error suspending the account:" errors but script could suspend the accounts. Could you fix that please?

"User madamista was suspended in the backup. Error suspending the account: "

Thanks,
Melih

Hello,

I've traced the code, and the only place I can see that could return a blank error would be if you have:
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_suspend_post.sh
returning a non-zero error, no output, and if you have show_custom_script_path=0 in the directadmin.conf. There could be other things I'm not seeing, but that's what I am seeing.

Also check your /var/log/directadmin/errortaskq.log for clues, which possibly were not reported to the return message.

If you don't have the script there, and don't have show_custom_script_path=0 in the directadmin.conf, then please create a ticket so we can debug further.

John

0.0.22 released:
Code:
* Fix localdelivery selection migration
* Chmod 755 subdomain directories, due to reports with custom chmods migrated (not a DA issue, but.. to make matters more simple)

Error

I am having this error while migrations

WARNING! codigola_abc_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_abc_db
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_abc_db to codigolab_abc_db. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_Code45 cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_Code45
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_Code45 to codigolab_Code45. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
/home/admin/user_backups//codigolab/domains/codigolab.com/public_html/wp-config.php
WARNING! codigola_code54 username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_code54
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_code54 to codigolab_code54. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
/home/admin/user_backups//codigolab/domains/codigolab.com/public_html/wp-config.php
WARNING! codigola_fahadstore_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_fahadstore_db
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_fahadstore_db to codigolab_fahadstore_db. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_fonedb cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_fonedb
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_fonedb to codigolab_fonedb. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_adminA username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_adminA
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_adminA to codigolab_adminA. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_hellopos_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_hellopos_db
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_hellopos_db to codigolab_hellopos_db. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_hrm cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_hrm
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_hrm to codigolab_hrm. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
/home/admin/user_backups//codigolab/domains/codigolab.com/public_html/hrm/app/config.php
WARNING! codigola_codehrm username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_codehrm
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_codehrm to codigolab_codehrm. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
/home/admin/user_backups//codigolab/domains/codigolab.com/public_html/hrm/app/config.php
WARNING! codigola_iqbal_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_iqbal_db
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_iqbal_db to codigolab_iqbal_db. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_janatbmart cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_janatbmart
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_janatbmart to codigolab_janatbmart. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_codeF username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_codeF
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_codeF to codigolab_codeF. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_ksa cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_ksa
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_ksa to codigolab_ksa. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_ksa username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_ksa
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_ksa to codigolab_ksa. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_main cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_main
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_main to codigolab_main. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
/home/admin/user_backups//codigolab/domains/codigolab.com/public_html/form/cpanel_script.php
/home/admin/user_backups//codigolab/domains/codigolab.com/public_html/form/validation.php
WARNING! codigola_main username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_main
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_main to codigolab_main. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_merastore_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_merastore_db

Hello,

After cpanel migration the users receives all emails which has been seen before again as IMAP. Could we avoid this to happen? What can we do?

Thanks
Melih

I am having this error while migrations

WARNING! codigola_abc_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_abc_db
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_abc_db to codigolab_abc_db. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_Code45 cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_Code45
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_Code45 to codigolab_Code45. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_code54 username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_code54
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_code54 to codigolab_code54. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_fahadstore_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_fahadstore_db
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_fahadstore_db to codigolab_fahadstore_db. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_fonedb cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_fonedb
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_fonedb to codigolab_fonedb. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_adminA username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_adminA
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_adminA to codigolab_adminA. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_hellopos_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_hellopos_db
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_hellopos_db to codigolab_hellopos_db. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_hrm cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_hrm
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_hrm to codigolab_hrm. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_codehrm username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_codehrm
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_codehrm to codigolab_codehrm. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_iqbal_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_iqbal_db
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_iqbal_db to codigolab_iqbal_db. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_janatbmart cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_janatbmart
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_janatbmart to codigolab_janatbmart. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_codeF username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_codeF
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_codeF to codigolab_codeF. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_ksa cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_ksa
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_ksa to codigolab_ksa. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_ksa username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_ksa
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_ksa to codigolab_ksa. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_main cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_main
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_main to codigolab_main. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy_dbname.php' appended at the end.
/home/admin/user_backups//codigolab/domains/codigolab.com/public_html/form/cpanel_script.php
/home/admin/user_backups//codigolab/domains/codigolab.com/public_html/form/validation.php
WARNING! codigola_main username cannot be set to codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_main
Trying to find files in public_html to rename codigola_main to codigolab_main. A copy of the file will have '.cpanel_backup_copy.php' appended at the end.
WARNING! codigola_merastore_db cannot be owned by codigolab, renaming database user to codigolab_merastore_db

Hello,

What would you like to solve? These are warnings only, not errors.

Thank you.

Hello,

After cpanel migration the users receives all emails which has been seen before again as IMAP. Could we avoid this to happen? What can we do?

Thanks
Melih

I guess they were using POP3, not IMAP.

Back