How-to: cPanel to DA migration

i have see also that most of the cpanel users likes more the layout: Sidebar in the directadmin skin so we can minimize the complains if we can doit default.
It is any way to make it default in all current and new accounts?

Hello,

You can do this from reseller level => Skin manager =>Customize Evolution Skin => Misc. Options => Default Layout

Hi,
i have try to migrate a server and in all domains i have the following error:
Error writing db file for xxxxx.com : Unable to save dns zone: named-checkzone returned:
loading "xxxxx.com" from "/var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897" class "IN"
dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897:48: unbalanced quotes
zonexxxxx.com/IN: loading from master file /var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897 failed: unbalanced quotes
zone xxxxx.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.

However the cpanel bind work fine with the same config with unbalanced quotes.
Can we fix it global? Because right now during the transfer the dns will be reset with the default dns settings, but many users have custom settings, for mx records etc.

This is due to DKIM records, just update to DA 1.58 RC2 to solve this :)

we have the same errors

we find out If ther is DKIM records in cpanel dns zone records. This DKIM record make This error

cpanel has DKIM zone records like this

cpnanel DKIM zone records ending whit \; not " so mising the end of the records last quote whit "

Yes, that's true, but we fixed it in 1.58 RC2, and it converts these just fine :)

Some big accounts that are using GB emails cannot be transferred correctly. I extract the cpmove files and i see alot of mail data of some accounts but conversion scriptonly restored some of the emails. This is strange. I tried to restore 4 times with the latest version of conversion script.

We have to delay our migrations. There are some problems addon SSL, addon points main domain and some accounts not moved to addon domains.

I hope you can solve them since the most important thing you should prepare the best avaliable conversion script for these months.

Some people have little accounts and limited features on cpanel server but we are hosting firm and there a lot of different sized and featured web sites.

It is very important to see the migratiom process also.

Thanks for all.

May you provide a cpmove file of that user? We'd check it immediately :) We don't have similar reports yet, but it might be related to the environment/setup I guess.

in many restores i have see this error:
Error extracting /home/user/backups/backup/home.tar.gz

then the restore is finished but the account not work properly.
For example the domain is not in the /etc/virtual/domains so they can't receive incoming emails.

in many restores i have see this error:
Error extracting /home/user/backups/backup/home.tar.gz

then the restore is finished but the account not work properly.
For example the domain is not in the /etc/virtual/domains so they can't receive incoming emails.

Are you sure your backup files were named cpmove-username​.tar.gz ? You may create a ticket if you'd like it to be checked.

Are you sure your backup files were named cpmove-username​.tar.gz ? You may create a ticket if you'd like it to be checked.

yes, i following the instructions.
i have create a ticket and i have provide and a sample cpmove file.

Also i think it is very important, during the restore, if something fail to cancel the restore for this domain and remove anything related so when we restore many accounts we can have restored just the correct one.
Otherwise after a restore need to check the accounts one per one in order to be sure that all is ok.
Thank you

yes, i following the instructions.
i have create a ticket and i have provide and a sample cpmove file.

Also i think it is very important, during the restore, if something fail to cancel the restore for this domain and remove anything related so when we restore many accounts we can have restored just the correct one.
Otherwise after a restore need to check the accounts one per one in order to be sure that all is ok.
Thank you

finally i have solve the problem.
I use cloudlinux and the symlink protection they have have make the problem.
Also from support have give me this link for the users that have the same problem
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=683

Jetbackup to DA

How do we convert a complete compressed Jetbackup cpanel backup file to DA?

Tried to use the default conversion script but it failed. I have tons of Jetbackup cpanel accounts to migrate to DA. :p

How do we convert a complete compressed Jetbackup cpanel backup file to DA?

Tried to use the default conversion script but it failed. I have tons of Jetbackup cpanel accounts to migrate to DA. :p

You may call the script manually, like:
Code:
jetbackup=yes /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh

cPanel import and initial setup

Hi,

When trying to import cpanel backup and initial setup in v.1.57.5 I found a few issues.

1. Regarding SSL-for-hostname guide, there seems to be a discrepancy?

https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=629

# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set SSL 1
Error with the current values:
Cannot find 'SSL' in the directadmin.conf
# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set ssl 1
ssl=1

# pwd
/usr/local/directadmin/conf
# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin set SSL 1
Error with the current values:
Cannot find 'SSL' in the directadmin.conf
# grep SSL directadmin.conf
SSL=0

Eventually I manually updated SSL=

2. DA does not delete mysql users (imported from cpanel) on deletion of account
I deleted them manually to not cause errors/warnings/whatever on subsequent import

3. Can cPanel backup restoration be run from command line? How?

4. Is there a log documenting import in any detail?
I can only see /home/admin/admin_backups/cpmove-username.tar.gz.error.log
but there are only 4 lines there
WARNING! [subdomain] path was set to custom in cPanel: [subdomain]
so it is not what I am looking for

5. When I put
|$/bin/bash
date
DONE|
in domain.com.cust_httpd.4 dataskq (run as root) reports:
The username hasn't been set. Won't run the script without dropping privileges
Where do I set the username?

Thank you

0.0.25:
Code:
* Fix migration of reseller limits (requires DA 1.58.1 as well)

Back