how to make email log available to the user?

Remitur

Verified User
One cpanel's feature thet I miss in DirectAdmin is "Track Delivery": cpanel's tools if far from being completed and user-friendly, but it allows the user to investigate if a message has been sent or not, and why it failed... while with DA, when it happens, the user is required to open a ticket, and we need to investigate in server logs available only to admin.

So, the question is: does exist any tool which (i.e.) , on daily basis, extracts from common exim logs the contents of every single domain, pack it in a file and make it available to the user in the same directory of apache logs ( user/stats/log/mydomain.com/ )?
Or any other way to make these data available to the user...

Over a year since this was mentioned....

I can't believe more people haven't asked for this! ?

This really is a must!!! it is needed under user and admin level

Available under User -> Email Management -> Email Accounts -> SMTP Log (In <-> Out)

I would think this would spill over into privacy concerns.

The logs themselves are not split into individual users - so you have to depend on something grepping or finding log entries that pertain specifically to that user. What if that grep finds something that really doesn't belong to the user but shows it anyway to that user?

This feature is allready here tho, even per mailbox. Just click the "in" or "out" links next to each mailbox on the e-mail accounts page

Already in the requests....

The in/out only works per mailbox, its really hard to see, especially on a mobile...

It also misses the fact that someone could email the wrong email account? and emails from the website.... which is why per DA Account / domain, would be easier.

Back