How-to: phpMyAdmin 3.0.0

Post Revival

Ok.. I hate reviving old posts but I need a little help with this same error

You should upgrade to MySQL 5.0.15 or later.

I upgraded to MySQL 5.0.90 last night as well as a few other things but I still get this error. Has anyone gotten this error while already upgrading MySQL?

Thanks,
Chris

Ok.. I hate reviving old posts but I need a little help with this same error

You should upgrade to MySQL 5.0.15 or later.

I upgraded to MySQL 5.0.90 last night as well as a few other things but I still get this error. Has anyone gotten this error while already upgrading MySQL?

Did you remember to recompile PHP after you upgraded MySQL? Reference: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=240

Yup I sure have. Not sure what's causing it. I've run the instructions a few times now and the same result. It continues to ask me to update. Strange.

Thats the issue :)

MySQL-server-4.1.12-1
MySQL-shared-5.0.90-1
MySQL-client-5.0.90-1
MySQL-devel-5.0.90-1

Apparently it can't do an upgrade from 4.1 to 5.0. Do I have to do it manually?

WORKED!

had one minor issue with it not seeing the service mysql.. so I copied the file /init.d/mysqld to /init.d/mysql and BOOM.. it uninstalled fine.. reinstall went fine and php -n went fine as well... thanks for the help.. what a great script!

For PhpMyAdmin version 4.7.5, I had to make some little changes to the original script posted by smtalk.

Mainly adding this at the end, because the symlink was owned by root :

Code:
chown -h webapps:webapps /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin

This is a very old thread. Actually CustomBUild 2.x can now be used here for installing and upgrading phpMyAdmin.

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build phpmyadmin

Back