How to reinstall CSF into DA?

I've disabled Cloudflare completely, and the 520 errors are no longer happening. My mistake before, because I didn't wait long enough for DNS to propagate.

Now I have Cloudflare disabled and no errors. SSL works great. No idea what could be causing this...

I've disabled Cloudflare completely, and the 520 errors are no longer happening. My mistake before, because I didn't wait long enough for DNS to propagate.

Now I have Cloudflare disabled and no errors. SSL works great. No idea what could be causing this...
IN the Solve manual there is a part howto set increase timeout settings somewhere who knows/ ;)

maybe try increase some keepalive in sysctl setting
or tuning by yourself

net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time = 600
net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_intvl = 60
net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_probes = 10

acually if you have 100+ domain with part of 3rd dns ai recommend to tuning sysctl with comparatibe with high triffic of your server to handle it.

backup default value before want to change these value

Thank you everyone for the tips and ideas. I'm going to try it all. I will update this thread, if I find a solution.

And if I do not find a solution, I will add one of the sites to the $20 a month Cloudflare paid plan, just to get the support for 30 days, and see if that leads me anywhere. This is my worst case scenario option.

After trying too many things to list out... I've gotten one DA server running smooth, with no more 520 errors. Changing from Apache to Nginx seems to have solved all the problems. I don't notice any speed differences, but no more 520 errors with Cloudflare.

Going to continue testing things out, and will update this thread as more time progresses and I continue to roll out this update on more DA servers. In case this helps anyone else out.

Now, all my problems are going to be learning Nginx. I've been using Apache for 20 years. I'm less than one day in Nginx.

I myself am now also a victim of these 520 errors from CloudFlare. Since a few weeks I also got a 520 error from Cloudflare at random moments. I haven't changed anything on my server recently, and I can't find anything in the log files either. I highly doubt that the problem is with my server. I suspect something more at CloudFlare and a setting with them that is set a little too tight.

More and more people are now reporting these problems. Cloudflare has also already started an investigation.

See also this topic: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/sometimes-a-cf-520-error/288733

Last edited:
I myself am now also a victim of these 520 errors from CloudFlare. Since a few weeks I also got a 520 error from Cloudflare at random moments. I haven't changed anything on my server recently, and I can't find anything in the log files either. I highly doubt that the problem is with my server. I suspect something more at CloudFlare and a setting with them that is set a little too tight.

More and more people are now reporting these problems. Cloudflare has also already started an investigation.

See also this topic: https://community.cloudflare.com/t/sometimes-a-cf-520-error/288733
Wow. Thanks for sharing that thread. I just read through it, and people started reporting the same Cloudflare 520 errors the same time as it happened to me. And I see many people are running DA with CentOS 7 as well.

This has been very frustrating, to say the least.

To you original question: I think you could uninstall CSF with the following script (generated by CSF itself) at /etc/csf/uninstall.sh, you can also keep this script as a portable script to use for uninstall leftover if this script is not in the path

Code:
sh /etc/csf/uninstall.sh

and to reinstall CSF, you can use this official directadmin script by Poralix (no need to manual setup):

Code:
wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/csf/csf_install.sh
chmod +x csf_install.sh
sh csf_install.sh

Last edited:
I can recommend you problems about '520' errors in this topic on the CloudFlare forums
https://community.cloudflare.com/t/sometimes-a-cf-520-error/288733
Thanks, was following that topic already. I see they claim the problem to be fixed. Am I the only one who still sees the 520 error? What I don't get, is that all the users are confronted with the error since the beginning of august, but Cloudflare tells it is a server problem...

Last edited:
@toktokcity
It could be a server issue on your end. But then it must be traceable back to a recent adjustments or update on your server. You should also find something in the log files. In many cases, and also with me, it was not a problem with my server. The problems with the 520 seem to be over here, but I still hear complaints from others about their own websites not being well served by CF.

Actually, I think it's time that CloudFlare a little more clarity about the problems with a 520 error. Now you still have to get help from a moderator, team member or via a ticket. Very sinful....

@toktokcity
It could be a server issue on your end. But then it must be traceable back to a recent adjustments or update on your server. You should also find something in the log files. In many cases, and also with me, it was not a problem with my server. The problems with the 520 seem to be over here, but I still hear complaints from others about their own websites not being well served by CF.

Actually, I think it's time that CloudFlare a little more clarity about the problems with a 520 error. Now you still have to get help from a moderator, team member or via a ticket. Very sinful....
Well, it looks like Cloudflare is really sure it not their problem. After years of problem free use, this is really annoying.

Back