How to replace cPanel DNS only server with DirectAdmin

wahmed

I do apologize if this is not the right place to post this.
Is it possible to create DNS only server with DirectAdmin as it is possible with cPanel DNS Only server requiring no subscription?

Subscription portion is really not that important. Would like to know if it is possible. I see there is clustering option in DA. Can multiple DA be setup for DNS server purpose to keep all editing of DNS records in sync?

Thanks!

Only server requiring no subscription?
No that is not possible with real DA itself. At a minimum you could use the personal license for that if you want real DA, which is without the domain limit if only used for DNS clustering.

However, there also is a free way to do this. The multi server setup Anay is pointing to. You don't need a second DA server to do this. You can setup a server or VPS with the free DirectSlave which is also supported here on the forums by it's creator Roman M.
It can work as secondary dns for multiple difference DA servers with the multi server setup, works great and as said, it's free.

I suggest you to go through following, it should give you precise answer :

However, there also is a free way to do this. The multi server setup Anay is pointing to. You don't need a second DA server to do this. You can setup a server or VPS with the free DirectSlave which is also supported here on the forums by it's creator Roman M.
It can work as secondary dns for multiple difference DA servers with the multi server setup, works great and as said, it's free.

Thank you Anay and Richard for the info. Very helpful! I now have a direction to follow.

You can also consider an PowerDNS setup
AH! Completely forgot about PowerDNS. I have personally never used it but know about it. Thanks Active8 for pointing this out!

Based on this forum and Docs what I understand is, DA is able to update a cluster of PowerDNS authoritative servers. I am doing a PoC for a DA cluster of 3 nodes and a 4 nodes DNS servers to support it. Currently the DNS servers are based on cPanelDNSonly and in the process of leaving them behind.

Back