IP management for HTTPD.conf

Manie

Verified User
Hi all,
Since I'm trying to mirror a hacked DA server, I have copied all the reseller data to a new DA server. So far so good. however the server ip .44 has changed in server ip .57

Now all the domains have changed into .57 in their httpd.conf (since .44 was not added to the server yet.)
Now I added .44 as a free IP to the server as well, hoping all the domains pointing to .44 would generaly get handled the right way. However it won't and it looks I manually need to adujst the .57 into .44 everywhere.

Is there a quick fix to make DA not force a specified IP for a domain/virtual host? (Since I will be switching back to a formated server tomorow anyway)

Ignore my question, I found out that the DNS zone settings all updated to .57 as well, guess I should wait till they get served.

Anyone got a tip howto minimize downtime tomorow when I want to switch back to the .44 server regarding the DNS service + zonefile changes.

Can anyone help me with this:
I'm affraid there is something wrong with the nameservers.

if I got ns1.domain.com & ns2.domain.com given for nameservers, and these are both reachable using ping. Shouldn't I be able to get result on this command:

dig @localhost domain.com

Gives me nothing.
Does this mean my localhost named is not working correctly, or does it cache the results as well even after a networking restart command?

* domain is fictive because this is a customer domain *

Manie said:
* domain is fictive because this is a customer domain *

If your customer does not want people to visit his web site then the domain should be deleted completely from your server. Without the real domain we cannot perform any dns checks for you.

Back