Local Mail Server setting for domain pointers

tristan

Verified User
Hi there,

just wondering where I can set whether a domain, setup as domain pointer and alias for another domain, should use the local mail server for handling its emails.

For the main domain I already unchecked the "Local Mail Server" option, but for some reason DirectAdmin/Exim does try to handle all the domain pointers' as a local domain.

Any ideas how to fix this the easy way?

tristan

Verified User
Ok, seems almost like a bug in DirectAdmin, hopefully John will see this thread or your plugin as well. Thanks again!

interfasys

Verified User
Regarding the plugin, it seems we can't comment on that other thread. I know we can check the code, but it would be nice if some information could be given on the files it touches and the operation it performs.

zEitEr

Super Moderator
I did not know that. Ok, I'll ask to move the thread to more suitable forum.

When installing plug-in all_pre.sh and all_post.sh are touched. They are used to perform necessary actions from superuser root.

On plug-in's page with any action first pre_action.php is executed, than post_action.php is executed on any POST.

I know, that a list of all pointers can be get with the help of API, but this version does not use directadmin's API. That's why localized pointers/aliases are not recognized.

If a pointer/alias is in /etc/virtual/domains it corresponds to Use Local Mail server for it. If a pointer/alias is not in /etc/virtual/domains it corresponds to do not Use Local Mail server for it.

That's what plug-in does. Ask me more questions, if you've got.

Last edited:

interfasys

Verified User
Thx for the explanation. You're basically only adding/removing files from /etc/virtual/domains, so it shouldn't lead to any issues for people having other customisations.