Local Mail Server setting for domain pointers

tristan

Verified User
Hi there,

just wondering where I can set whether a domain, setup as domain pointer and alias for another domain, should use the local mail server for handling its emails.

For the main domain I already unchecked the "Local Mail Server" option, but for some reason DirectAdmin/Exim does try to handle all the domain pointers' as a local domain.

Any ideas how to fix this the easy way?

Ok, seems almost like a bug in DirectAdmin, hopefully John will see this thread or your plugin as well. Thanks again!

Regarding the plugin, it seems we can't comment on that other thread. I know we can check the code, but it would be nice if some information could be given on the files it touches and the operation it performs.

I did not know that. Ok, I'll ask to move the thread to more suitable forum.

When installing plug-in all_pre.sh and all_post.sh are touched. They are used to perform necessary actions from superuser root.

On plug-in's page with any action first pre_action.php is executed, than post_action.php is executed on any POST.

I know, that a list of all pointers can be get with the help of API, but this version does not use directadmin's API. That's why localized pointers/aliases are not recognized.

If a pointer/alias is in /etc/virtual/domains it corresponds to Use Local Mail server for it. If a pointer/alias is not in /etc/virtual/domains it corresponds to do not Use Local Mail server for it.

That's what plug-in does. Ask me more questions, if you've got.

Last edited:
Thx for the explanation. You're basically only adding/removing files from /etc/virtual/domains, so it shouldn't lead to any issues for people having other customisations.

Back