MariaDB Latest version 10.3.31/10.4.21 InnoDB Corruption Bug in FreeBSD

ChiefZigZag

Verified User
Hi, I am wondering if the version of MariaDB 10.3.31 included in the custombuild has the bug posted on the website concerning FreeBSD. I have had some problems with it recently, It is continually crashing.

Warning: This version can cause InnoDB file corruption on FreeBSD and on AIX. If you are using AIX, please, stick to an earlier release, or upgrade to a more recent release. If you are using FreeBSD, upgrade to the bugfix release (the version ends with _1) of the mariadb-server from the Ports Collection. See MDEV-26537.

If so, the recommended fix seems to suggest using the version from FreeBSD ports instead. Any suggestions on how I should handle this?

Thanks

Last edited:
you can always make all DB's backup (with logins/passwords), reinstall mysql, restore DBs from backups.

you can always make all DB's backup (with logins/passwords), reinstall mysql, restore DBs from backups.
I could always, assuming that mariadb doesn't core dump out during the backup procedure! Which is one of the problems.
root@admin:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild # ./build mysql_backup
Dumping database xxx_wp476
Dumping database xxxx_wp665
Dumping database xxx_bcbud
Dumping database xxx_in
mysqldump: Error 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query when dumping table `wp_statistics_pages` at row: 2519
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SELECT engine, table_type FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE table_schema = DATABASE() AND table_name = 'wp_statistics_search'': MySQL server has gone away (2006)
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SET SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1': MySQL server has gone away (2006)
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SELECT `COLUMN_NAME` AS `Field`, `COLUMN_TYPE` AS `Type`, `IS_NULLABLE` AS `Null`, `COLUMN_KEY` AS `Key`, `COLUMN_DEFAULT` AS `Default`, `EXTRA` AS `Extra`, `COLUMN_COMMENT` AS `Comment` FROM `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`COLUMNS` WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA = 'chiefzigzag_in' AND TABLE_NAME = 'wp_statistics_search'': MySQL server has gone away (2006)
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SELECT engine, table_type FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE table_schema = DATABASE() AND table_name = 'wp_statistics_useronline'': MySQL server has gone away (2006)
mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SET SQL_QUOTE_SHOW_CREATE=1': MySQL server has gone away (2006)

Things only got worse since I started messing with it. I am finding it impossible to use directadmin custombuild to build a previous version of mariadb. Can't even get it to make .28 or .30 even though I tried editing the custom_versions.txt.. anyone have a clue?

Things only got worse since I started messing with it. I am finding it impossible to use directadmin custombuild to build a previous version of mariadb. Can't even get it to make .28 or .30 even though I tried editing the custom_versions.txt.. anyone have a clue?
Sofar i know previous MARIADB mainversion only goes with restore from backups , and not with custombuild.

If no mainverions are involved it always depend with Databases, sometimes break while for example running proces...

I hope you have dumps from important data , anyway save what you have, copy that and keep those save not messing ups

From imporant webdata / DB's i make more different backups, so with DA as sql and tar and PHPmyadmin export as sql.
This while there where problems by me CENTOS 8x with the DA backup restore parts then is a while ago, i do now test DATABASES more extensive after restore or updates, while yup sometimes a broken DB you see later and not shortly after restore.

Good luck, i did had old sql (or tar) version from one week back that was working then

Last edited:
Sofar i know previous MARIADB mainversion only goes with restore from backups , and not with custombuild.

If no mainverions are involved it always depend with Databases, sometimes break while for example running proces...

I hope you have dumps from important data , anyway save what you have, copy that and keep those save not messing ups

From imporant webdata / DB's i make more different backups, so with DA as sql and tar and PHPmyadmin export as sql.
This while there where problems by me CENTOS 8x with the DA backup restore parts then is a while ago, i do now test DATABASES more extensive after restore or updates, while yup sometimes a broken DB you see later and not shortly after restore.

Good luck, i did had old sql (or tar) version from one week back that was working then
I have some backups but I also have snapshots and backups of the entire server so if I have to dig for the sites that didn't have automated mysql dumps enabled. The most important site I have here is working, the question is for how long.

Biggest trouble I have now is getting a stable version of mariadb running on the environment so I can start restoring sites. Its unstable right now and I am trying to figure out how to get an older version of mariadb installed yet custombuild isn't playing nice, or I'm not doing it properly.

Are you trying a major version downgrade? ( as 10.4 back to 10.3 is not supported!)
That is not going to work.
If whitin version so the minor then it could work but also then try to make extra dumps with phpmyadmin, mysql dumper or adminer , also from the databases DA is using and roundcube and...

Then you have some extra ... look for mariadb also in their changelogs maybe ..

If Minor version downgrade you can ask support or smtalk to help

The settings / config is also important sometimes changes to strict... so if there difference and apllications need it!

Good luck.

ah also if done optimizations or changes from DATABASES are in between as inodb to.

If you have to do it yourself i should try with extra server where basic DA is installed from scratch clean for the version you need, and there do the testing with. restore dumps. for the apllications only , so yes more work to create users and co, you can try synch imap for mail then..

Mainproblem there is IP change so dns and ... , so could be have to done twice if you need old ip's back , for the tests you can handle that easy with changing hosts file ( in windows and ..) pointing to the test server / IP so not public then

I can't help am a kind of noob in lot. ;)

If you have to try newer version so 10.4 check changes while some are more strict , for lot of apps you need to change those in cnf / conf then maybe a upgrade is better way to go in your case i don't know

Before read comparing changed betweeen forks github is to slow now here errors for me.. :(

I also think if so server itself and main PHP version not on php 5.x ofcourse!

Attachments

• mbdb.jpg
    mbdb.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I managed to get the most recent uncorrupted sql dumps from all the sites. I managed to restore them all and I am doing backups of them all now that they are working. mariadb 10.3.31 is still installed, I would simply like to revert to the 10.3.30 version if possible. I could always import my sql files from the backup using the mysql restore script. The problem is how do I get custom build to install 10.3.30? If I can get that working I can reimport all of the databases and we should be in good shape until a more reliable version of mariadb is released.

@ChiefZigZag
goto Plugins: Custombuild 2.0 -> Customize Version -> Select mariadb10.3
then change version that you want and rebuild again

@ChiefZigZag
goto Plugins: Custombuild 2.0 -> Customize Version -> Select mariadb10.3
then change version that you want and rebuild again
Thanks James, At least that option honors setting the version, custom_versions.txt is what I was using originally was a no go. I have a copy of the tar.gz of 28 from a previous install since its no longer available for download.

I dropped it in the folder it starts compiling and the boom! Not sure why it doesn't want to compile for some reason.

I also tried an older version 10.3.27 same compile error and fail..

-- Looking for setsockopt
-- Looking for setsockopt - found
-- TLS library/version: OpenSSL 1.1.1l
-- SYSTEM_LIBS m;m;/usr/local/lib/libssl.so;/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so
-- Found GSSAPI: -L/usr/lib -lgssapi -lgssapi_krb5 -lheimntlm -lkrb5 -lhx509 -lcom_err -lcrypto -lasn1 -lwind -lheimbase -lroken -lcrypt -pthread
-- SYSTEM processor: amd64
CMake Error at libmariadb/cmake/ConnectorName.cmake:30 (ENDMACRO):
Flow control statements are not properly nested.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
libmariadb/CMakeLists.txt:423 (INCLUDE)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.3.28/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.3.28/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
Done. Making mariadb-10.3.28...
Trying to make mariadb-10.3.28...
make: no target to make.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Thanks James, At least that option honors setting the version, custom_versions.txt is what I was using originally was a no go. I have a copy of the tar.gz of 28 from a previous install since its no longer available for download.

I dropped it in the folder it starts compiling and the boom! Not sure why it doesn't want to compile for some reason.

I also tried an older version 10.3.27 same compile error and fail..

Any suggestions?
Look if your apps on server are ready for the 10.4x?

You have to set conf options to match the older version, because some are in that version set to strict in default.

This could be less painful option.

Last edited:
Look if your apps on server are ready for the 10.4x?

You have to set conf options to match the older version, because some are in that version set to strict in default.

This could be less painful option.
I could attempt to upgrade to 10.4.20.. but 10.4.21 is also broken. The odd thing about MariaDB is they do not have older versions available for download on their site and I am uncertain if directadmin build has it available for download either. I don't think I am running any apps which won't work with 10.4.. But I did have a compiling problem with it in the past thats why its not on this server.

Set conf options? Is there something else I need to edit besides the options.conf file? I could try skipping the compiling since I have a backup of the compiled package, however I am uncertain of the consequences of doing so.

#MySQL Settings
mysql=5.7
mariadb=10.3
mysql_inst=mariadb
mysql_backup=no
mysql_backup_gzip=no
mysql_backup_dir=/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql_backups
mysql_force_compile=yes

I could attempt to upgrade to 10.4.20.. but 10.4.21 is also broken. The odd thing about MariaDB is they do not have older versions available for download on their site and I am uncertain if directadmin build has it available for download either. I don't think I am running any apps which won't work with 10.4.. But I did have a compiling problem with it in the past thats why its not on this server.

Set conf options? Is there something else I need to edit besides the options.conf file? I could try skipping the compiling since I have a backup of the compiled package, however I am uncertain of the consequences of doing so.
so there is none, ask a DA support or admin

OTHER OS? hmmm nnnn

Last edited:

Update: I ended up changing the force_compile to no. It actually installed from the binary package of the old version. I started with a clear /home/mysql folder so I am going to import all the sql files manually

Update: I ended up changing the force_compile to no. It actually installed from the binary package of the old version. I started with a clear /home/mysql folder so I am going to import all the sql files manually
i cant help but saw in files this script via this link https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=563

so there is does do something with version if you change it or versions in da custombuild maybe don't know!!!

Maybe check if youre stuck the old way to install i mean....

MAJ=10.3
VER=10.3.31
REL=1
TYPE=linux2.6

Back